+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Bit of Off-roading

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

A mate of mine used to go to some serious meets of Landy enthusiasts, i believe they used to race them round some mad courses?

I think you'd have liked his Landy Alex SWB pickup with full roll cage, snorkle etc & a tuned rover 3.5L V8 under the bonnet You should have seen peoples in normal cars faces when the thing left them for dust

Damn it was fast & it got there quickly to
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    My mate at work used to have a Freelander and we got invited to a Land Rover 'off-road' Experience day at their place in Devon, boy what a grin

Lot's of fun Alex and Avatar looks like she might be costing you some dosh one day in the future? "Daddy, I would really like some of those Harbeths your friends talk about on AoS and could I have a Discovery too"
    I'm already hatching a plan to have Maggie fully refurbished with a galvanised chassis and bulkhead - ready for the next generation. I'd rather have Avatar going around in something like a Defender than a hot hatch - but hey, petrol and diesel will probably be out of my price range when the time comes!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    A mate of mine used to go to some serious meets of Landy enthusiasts, i believe they used to race them round some mad courses?

I think you'd have liked his Landy Alex SWB pickup with full roll cage, snorkle etc & a tuned rover 3.5L V8 under the bonnet You should have seen peoples in normal cars faces when the thing left them for dust

Damn it was fast & it got there quickly to
    Missus and I were talking yesterday, that maybe we should be looking at a SWB with a V8 and doing a bit of competition... We couldn't get rid of Maggie, but there's always room on the drive for one more!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Missus and I were talking yesterday, that maybe we should be looking at a SWB with a V8 and doing a bit of competition...
    This is what you want Alex
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

Oooh yes, but I will probably be looking for something a little more genteel - this would do - at about half the price he's asking!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTIMATE-G4-V8...ht_3708wt_1139
    Alex

I'm Nick.

OMG! That's what I'd want Alex. It might sound like ladies and handbags, but I love the 'desert orange' colour - if I could afford it I'd get my Delica resprayed that colour.

You're a brave man taking your little one out like that, but props for doing it. I went on a Land Rover off-road experience a few years ago. It was fab, but I went for a Delica instead in the end. If I was ever to replace it, I'd like to get something like this:

Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Lovely - a couple of the guys at the club have got Forward Controls, (full tilt versions, not the ambulance variety) and I love them (to be honest, I love any Landie...) The sound of a V8 (as fitted in the FC's) is just mesmerising...

Avatar absolutely loves going "over the mountains" - I guess there is a risk, but I'm much more careful when she's in the truck than when I'm on my own! (I had a "last go" on my own before we left, went a bit mad on one of the sections but changed my mind on direction at the last minute - silly mistake - ended up "beached" and had to be towed out! ) In reality though it is a pretty safe activity, and I selected the pictures that look the most dramatic whilst this stuff is bread and butter for even a standard Landie.
    Alex

I'm Nick.

I know Alex, you go that slow on these courses the only real danger is the danger of being emabarrassed at one's inability to drive I know my kids'd love it too, but my machine's not an off-roader. According to the wife
    Nick
    My system...

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I thought we were having it hard right now. Some of you must be immune
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nick.

'Wanting' and 'Having' are two very different things Dave. I love my car, very distinctive it is, but it cost £4000 five years ago, and won't be replaced for at least another 5... I'm sure Alex is the same
    Nick
    My system...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast