+ Reply to Thread
Page 2987 of 3013 FirstFirst ... 19872487288729372977298529862987298829892997 ... LastLast
Results 29,861 to 29,870 of 30127

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

The Cardigans - Long Gone Before Daylight (2003)

"The album differs from much of the band's earlier work, eschewing the pop and electronic rock sound of previous material in favour of a sparser, alternative rock and country-influenced production. Its lyrical themes are also more mature, with subject matter inspired by domestic abuse, depression, love and fatalism"
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mark.

So we start the day with a band fronted by a sadly missed Floridian singer, song writter and Wilbury.

This was their 2002 release and 11th studio album, the opening track is still a regular feature on radio but the whole album is a great exponent of AOR with every track somehow sounding familiar.

Title:

1."The Last DJ" 3:48
    2."Money Becomes King" 5:10
    3."Dreamville" 3:46
    4."Joe" 3:15
    5."When a Kid Goes Bad" 4:56
    6."Like a Diamond" 4:32
    7."Lost Children" 4:28
    8."Blue Sunday" 2:56
    9."You and Me" 2:58
    10."The Man Who Loves Women" 2:53
    11."Have Love Will Travel" 4:05
    12."Can't Stop the Sun" 4:59

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rush2112; 23-05-2024 at 12:20.
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

Next up one of my all time favourite singer songwritters.

Having just turned 75 he is still touring and will have his 150th and final Maddison Square Gardens appearance in July this year having started his monthly residence at the iconic venue in 2014.

This album from 1982 is his eighth studio album, produced by the legendary Phil Ramone who produced 6 of Joel's 13 studio albums.

Tracks:

1."Allentown" 3:52
    2."Laura" 5:05
    3."Pressure" 4:40
    4."Goodnight Saigon" 7:04
    5."She's Right on Time" 4:14
    6."A Room of Our Own" 4:04
    7."Surprises" 3:26
    8."Scandinavian Skies" 6:00
    9."Where's the Orchestra?" 3:17

Last edited by Rush2112; 23-05-2024 at 12:14.
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

Last up and we finish with vinyl and this original release pressing from 1982 and his only album to be released on his former bands Swan Song label.

Phil Collins provided drums on five of the eight songs with Cozy Powell doing two and on the remaining track, "Fat Lip", guitarist and album co-writter, Robbie Blunt, played a Roland TR-808 drum machine.

Personnel:

Robert Plant – vocals

Robbie Blunt – guitars, Roland TR-808 on track 6

Jezz Woodroffe – keyboards,

Phil Collins – drums on tracks 1–3, 5, 8

Cozy Powell – drums on tracks 4 and 7

Paul Martinez – bass guitar

Raphael Ravenscroft – saxophone on track 3

Tracks:

1 Burning Down One Side
    2 Moonlight In Samosa
    3 Pledge Pin
    4 Slow Dancer
    5 Worse Than Detroit
    6 Fat Lip
    7 Like I've Never Been Gone
    8 Mystery Title

Last edited by Rush2112; 23-05-2024 at 12:18.

I'm Adrian.

Best sounding DSOTM IMHO, I have compared a 1st press vinyl, later re-presses and 2016 vinyl remaster (probably from the 2011 CD re-masters issued then), most are good, probably because this was a well engineered and produced album in the first place. I have not heard the 50th Anniversary version so cannot say if it better to the same.

If you are into DSOTM CD/SACD then I would recommend you try a copy, there are a few on Discogs and a couple of very well priced ones on Ebay.

Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon
    Label: EMI – 7243 582136 2 1, EMI – 582 1362
    Format: SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Stereo, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Sony DADC

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Long time since I played this one and it still sounds magic....

Radiohead – OK Computer
    Label: Parlophone – 7243 8 55229 2 5, Parlophone – CDNODATA 02
    Format: CD, Album

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Spock's Beard – Snow
    Label: Inside Out Music – IOMLTDCD 100, Inside Out Music – 6 93723 00142 5
    Format: Box Set, Limited Edition 2 x CD, HDCD, Album, Digibook CD, Cardsleeve

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Best sounding DSOTM IMHO, I have compared a 1st press vinyl, later re-presses and 2016 vinyl remaster (probably from the 2011 CD re-masters issued then), most are good, probably because this was a well engineered and produced album in the first place. I have not heard the 50th Anniversary version so cannot say if it better to the same.

If you are into DSOTM CD/SACD then I would recommend you try a copy, there are a few on Discogs and a couple of very well priced ones on Ebay.

Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon
    Label: EMI – 7243 582136 2 1, EMI – 582 1362
    Format: SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Stereo, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Sony DADC

The best version I have is the 20th Anniversary Edition.

To my ears it's so good, I have no interest in investigating any later editions.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Long time since I played this one and it still sounds magic....

Radiohead – OK Computer
    Label: Parlophone – 7243 8 55229 2 5, Parlophone – CDNODATA 02
    Format: CD, Album

It's "OK" ( ). I have a copy somewhere in my collection.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    Last up and we finish with vinyl and this original release pressing from 1982 and his only album to be released on his former bands Swan Song label.

Phil Collins provided drums on five of the eight songs with Cozy Powell doing two and on the remaining track, "Fat Lip", guitarist and album co-writter, Robbie Blunt, played a Roland TR-808 drum machine.

Personnel:

Robert Plant – vocals

Robbie Blunt – guitars, Roland TR-808 on track 6

Jezz Woodroffe – keyboards,

Phil Collins – drums on tracks 1–3, 5, 8

Cozy Powell – drums on tracks 4 and 7

Paul Martinez – bass guitar

Raphael Ravenscroft – saxophone on track 3

Tracks:

1 Burning Down One Side
    2 Moonlight In Samosa
    3 Pledge Pin