+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1199

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Brian.

That's nice work Andrew. That plinth looks quite different from the one I had though.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Brian, this GL75 was made in Italy so I presume the plinth was made there as well.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Ah..that probably explains it
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

The Reference Lenco Pt CXIII - A picture paints a thousand words.

So here is a picture of the stock Lenco. It's hiding a few secrets! I thought I'd detail what's been done so far.

1. The platter has had a little polish. It's still not great and is a work in progress. I'll polish it a little every day or so until I'm happy with the finish. OK this is not strictly going to improve the performance of the deck but it sure looks nice!

2. Speed selector replacement. This deck had no speed selector and luckily I managed to find a fully intact one in my spares, so whilst not original to this deck it's colour perfect for the year the deck was made.

3. The platter mat. This was filthy, so the disc has been polished and the mat has been cleaned and treated to some Autoglym rubber repair.

4. The top plate. The paint work has been T-cut a couple of times and now shines, I notice a couple of bubbles under the paintwork but I like these and are part of the decks history. I polished the metal trim on the top plates base, again very dirty but now just looks factory fresh.

5. The bias weight. The screw was missing from the bias weight and a really helpful LH member sent me a replacement.

6. I've polished the counterweights on the tonerarm.

So, a few things still need doing. The tonearm needs a little cleaning and overhauling, new "V" blocks, better grounding wire, etc. The motor needs stripping and overhauling. I need to install new power cable, and a few other bits and bobs. Slow and steady wins the race.

Stay tuned.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Looking great, Andrew. I’d completely forgotten 16rpm was ever a thing!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    The Reference Lenco Pt CXIII - A picture paints a thousand words.

So here is a picture of the stock Lenco. It's hiding a few secrets! I thought I'd detail what's been done so far.

1. The platter has had a little polish. It's still not great and is a work in progress. I'll polish it a little every day or so until I'm happy with the finish. OK this is not strictly going to improve the performance of the deck but it sure looks nice!

2. Speed selector replacement. This deck had no speed selector and luckily I managed to find a fully intact one in my spares, so whilst not original to this deck it's colour perfect for the year the deck was made.

3. The platter mat. This was filthy, so the disc has been polished and the mat has been cleaned and treated to some Autoglym rubber repair.

4. The top plate. The paint work has been T-cut a couple of times and now shines, I notice a couple of bubbles under the paintwork but I like these and are part of the decks history. I polished the metal trim on the top plates base, again very dirty but now just looks factory fresh.

5. The bias weight. The screw was missing from the bias weight and a really helpful LH member sent me a replacement.

6. I've polished the counterweights on the tonerarm.

So, a few things still need doing. The tonearm needs a little cleaning and overhauling, new "V" blocks, better grounding wire, etc. The motor needs stripping and overhauling. I need to install new power cable, and a few other bits and bobs. Slow and steady wins the race.

Stay tuned.
    Looks nearly as nice as mine mate.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Looking great, Andrew. I’d completely forgotten 16rpm was ever a thing!
    I've never never played a 16 rpm. I've never even seen anything on sale that resembles 16 rpm. What about this, 120 RPM!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsc_PAK39oo

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Looks nearly as nice as mine mate.
    I've not even fired it up yet!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Lawrence.

Wasn't 16rpm used for spoken word records which didn't need to sound as good?

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Wasn't 16rpm used for spoken word records which didn't need to sound as good?

Yes and yes! Plemty of clips on Youtube with 16 rpm records. Sounds quality not great but I would also suspect that recording quality varies from one disc to the next.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Looking good Andrew. What did you use to polish the platter and are you using an M55E with this one?
    Regards
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread