+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: The day - today

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is it an Omron RS1 wrist BP monitor? Is it sufficiently accurate?
    Mrs. P's out at the moment and I don't know where she's put it. But it looks something like this. Definitely not a wrist one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OMRON-X2-Ba...s%2C114&sr=8-5
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I had to buy one of those and take my blood pressure twice a day for two weeks ‘cos my BP was high when I went to the doctors.*

I hate the pressure on my arm, but it did prove that my BP was normal so won’t have to do that again.

* was it any wonder my BP was high - I was visiting the quack to get my prostate checked…
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Ah - the "finger up the bum" check?
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Mrs. P's out at the moment and I don't know where she's put it. But it looks something like this. Definitely not a wrist one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OMRON-X2-Ba...s%2C114&sr=8-5
    Looks very much like my Boots version. Checked mine this morning out of curiosity: 120/79, so OK.

The wrist versions are not thought to be much use, as the cuff is too short and the results are not reliable.
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ah - the "finger up the bum" check?
    Yes, that’s the one - I was slightly concerned but he was in and out like a flash and far less uncomfortable than taking my blood pressure!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Yes, that’s the one - I was slightly concerned but he was in and out like a flash and far less uncomfortable than taking my blood pressure!
    "Brace yourself Alex, I'm going in"

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Noel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    As long as he doesn’t do it with a hand on each shoulder!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back to something less anal:

22 May 1455
    In the War of the Roses, the Lancastrians defeated the Yorkists at the Battle of St Albans.

22 May 1859
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of Sherlock Holmes, was born in Edinburgh.

22 May 1906
    The Wright Brothers patented their flying machine.

22 May 1972
    Ceylon became Sri Lanka.

Some birthdays:

Bernie Taupin, songwriter, 74
    Morrissey, singer, 65
    Barry

I'm Steve.

I'm quite surprised to see that Bernie Taupin is only 74, I was expecting him to be quite a bit older. He's been teamed up with Elton John since he was 17.

T'other system:

A/V:

23 May 1533
    Henry VIII divorced Catherine of Aragon to marry Anne Boleyn. It lead to a break with the church in Rome.

23 May 1887
    The French crown jewels were sold for 6 million francs.

23 May 1934
    Bank robbers Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were shot dead in Louisiana by Texas Rangers.

Birthdays:

Phil Selway, rock drummer (Radiohead), 57
    Heidi Range, singer (Sugarbabes/Atomic Kitten), 41
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast