+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most loved three vinyl grinders owned throughout the years!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Lenco GL75 (I've had several over the decades) and also a G88 with ORIGINAL 12" SME from 1962 approx.....

NAS Mentor/Mentor arm/Decca Gold Microscanner - WHY did i get rid of this dear old deck? I remember, a suicidal Decca and severe lack of money to pay the mortgage and repair my Citroen......... Decca now repaired and re-aligned just awaiting a suitable deck and arm...

Dual 1229/701 - I love these decks, the sound is easily Rega 3 standard (my 701 is better IMO) and whatever deck I keep as main deck (there's a distinct possibility of a Spacedeck with any luck), I'll never flog the 701...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Lenco GL75 (I've had several over the decades) and also a G88 with ORIGINAL 12" SME from 1962 approx.....

NAS Mentor/Mentor arm/Decca Gold Microscanner - WHY did i get rid of this dear old deck? I remember, a suicidal Decca and severe lack of money to pay the mortgage and repair my Citroen......... Decca now repaired and re-aligned just awaiting a suitable deck and arm...

Dual 1229/701 - I love these decks, the sound is easily Rega 3 standard (my 701 is better IMO) and whatever deck I keep as main deck (there's a distinct possibility of a Spacedeck with any luck), I'll never flog the 701...
    Dave, do you still have the Mark I SME 3012? They go for around £1500 on eBay!

Regards
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

At least three Logic lovers

I'm Robert.

I remember seeing a Logic Gemini for sale in the HiFi Exchange shop on the edge of Manchester's Arndale Centre about 15 years ago. There was also some Croft gear in the window display as well.

I remember standing there trying to think of ways that I could fund it and justify it to "mar lady" at the same time.

There was no chance
    Rob

Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck
    Nottingham Analogue Mentor arm
    Audio Technica AT33PTG
    Audio Innovations Series 800 step up
    Sheer Audio MM-77 phono stage
    Audio Note M Zero preamp
    Quad Elite power amp
    Aiwa AD-F850 cassette deck
    Marantz CD63SE
    Audio Physic Yara

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post

A very pleasant surprise to find another Mentor arm user
    Rob

Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck
    Nottingham Analogue Mentor arm
    Audio Technica AT33PTG
    Audio Innovations Series 800 step up
    Sheer Audio MM-77 phono stage
    Audio Note M Zero preamp
    Quad Elite power amp
    Aiwa AD-F850 cassette deck
    Marantz CD63SE
    Audio Physic Yara

I'm Neil.

Voyd Valdi, Rega RB300, VDH MC10 This was my first really good TT (I had an Ariston Q Deck before it. I changed the arm to an SME 309 and ruined the sound)

SME Model 20, Graham Phantom B44 .1, Ortofon MC 7500 (or VDH Mc10, Ortofon MC2000 mk2, Lyra Clavis, VDH Frog Gold)

Oracle Delphi mk4, ET2 Arm (now SME 5 or Graham 2.2), VDH Mc10 My fave turntable. The combination of ET2 on this deck (my own design of arm board + made by me) was awesome. I should never have sold my ET2 arm.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Voyd Valdi, Rega RB300, VDH MC10 This was my first really good TT (I had an Ariston Q Deck before it. I changed the arm to an SME 309 and ruined the sound)

SME Model 20, Graham Phantom B44 .1, Ortofon MC 7500 (or VDH Mc10, Ortofon MC2000 mk2, Lyra Clavis, VDH Frog Gold)

Oracle Delphi mk4, ET2 Arm (now SME 5 or Graham 2.2), VDH Mc10 My fave turntable. The combination of ET2 on this deck (my own design of arm board + made by me) was awesome. I should never have sold my ET2 arm.

Regards D S D L
    Whaaa! You lucky so-and-so, Neil.

Any chance of a comparative review of those jucy cartridges used with the SME 20?

Regards
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl is a gift from God View Post
    I remember seeing a Logic Gemini for sale in the HiFi Exchange shop on the edge of Manchester's Arndale Centre about 15 years ago. There was also some Croft gear in the window display as well.

I remember standing there trying to think of ways that I could fund it and justify it to "mar lady" at the same time.

There was no chance
    I had the 'Gemini' it was basically a twin motor (Motor back, motor front) 'Tempo' with tufnol type platter, i had the 'Datum s' arm on that...Loved my old 'DM101' with Fidelity Research 'FR64' arm, greet..

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I had the 'Gemini' it was basically a twin motor (Motor back, motor front) 'Tempo' with tufnol type platter, i had the 'Datum s' arm on that...Loved my old 'DM101' with Fidelity Research 'FR64' arm, greet..
    Why on earth did you get rid of it Andre?

Regards
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    Why on earth did you get rid of it Andre?

Regards
    Cos i'm a prick

Well i took the FR arm off it to fit on plinth with Garrard '401'..Fitted an Alphason 'HR100S' to the Logic in it's place, convinced the Garrard was the one & sold it on ..I later realised the Logic/FR sounded better so sold the Garrard ..Later bought another 'DM101' really cheap put Hadcock on it, that was a disaster Don't get me wrong i still loved the '401' but the grass seemed greener

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast