+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from New Zealand

Default Hello from New Zealand

Hi guys

I've been visiting this forum for a few months and though I'd better say hello.

I'm originally from the UK but have lived in NZ for over eight years. A couple of things I miss from the UK is good beer and a choice of hifi gear. Even in Auckland there are only a few dealers and the market is dominated by Japanese products.

I can across this site whilst looking for information on DAC's and computer based system and found the forum pretty informative, so thank's to all you contributers.

My main system is 2 channel base on:
    Arcam Alpha 5+
    FMJ A32
    Dynaudio 62's
    Linnsonndeck LP12

I've more recently acquire one of Stan Beresfords Caiman DAC's for which I have nothing but praise. This is mainly used with my PC, which I use for most my listening these days via an ancient pair (well 30 year old)of sony MDR 50 headphones.

Cheers

Grahame

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Hello Grahame and welcome, have you checked out Neils (Dalek supreme) Blog on a certain NZ valve amp manufacturer
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Grahame,
    Welcome to the AoS.
    What's the weather like down there today?

More importantly, what music will you be listening to today?
    Cheers

Hi Jon and Chris,

I'll have to have a look at Neils Blog.

The weather here is a warm and humid 29 deg, the winds are from the north today to the skys are cloudy but the temperature up, and the mozzies are in attack mode.

As far as music goes, anything from AC/DC to ZZ Top, or from Paco De Lucia to Al Di Meola. The only music that doesn't do it for me is all out punk and over serious classical stuff.

Cheers

Grahame

I'm ILOB.

Some nice music choices Grahame
    I hope you do not mind a few recomendations based on you listening tastes sorry if you already got them
    Strunz and Farah Live really burning acoustic guitar playing
    Rodrigo Y Gabrielle They play a mix Paco with a strong rock vibe great live band if you ever get the chance see them
    Last edited by John; 13-02-2010 at 14:56.
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Grahame,

Welcome to AoS from me too. Originally I thought you might be my best mates dad (he moved to NZ around the same time and is into his hifi) but it can't be you unless that's not your real name! And I'm sure you're far too young too!

Anyway, enjoy the forum!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

Welcome to AoS, Grahame !
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Welocme to AOS Grahame.

Frizzup

murray is in archibald rd kelston auckland,you should go and visit him ,and hear his amplification and report back.good luck graham

+ Reply to Thread