4 14.81%
  • 3 Stars

6 22.22%
  • 4 Stars

5 18.52%
  • 5 Stars

8 29.63%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Album Club: 04.10.2011: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery (1973) (SHM-CD)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Well I have no need to dally over this one, played it once earlier and just about to play it again as I have two copies - the original Atlantic CD and a remaster as well. As André will know, the BSS tour was also the first concert I went too and recently bagged a ticket on eBay (lost mine somewhere )

I bought this on vinyl when it was released as they were my favourite band at the time and I was in awe of the artwork, as well as (most of) the album. I love it all apart from BTB, which I never really got in 1973 and still don't now - it just doesn't work for me. However, Karn Evil 9 was a ground breaking piece of music, way ahead of it's time as were a lot of ELP's work. I shudder when some people write them off with other prog bands, as ELP were so different and IMO should NEVER be compared to Rick Wakeman! Still... You Turn Me On remains one of my all time favourite tracks as does Lucky Man and TBH I play the first album more than anything these days, so it was great to get this out again. In fact I am toying with ordering the vinyl again just to get the artwork

No brainier for me, a firm

£2.20
    Last edited by Tim; 04-10-2011 at 22:05.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread