Quote Originally Posted by JazzBones View Post
Hi again Don, those little beasty pucks were put on this earth to torment us, don't drop one as they are like contact lenses, hard to locate thats why I use a magnet to keep 'em safe. DSJR is familiar with these pucks as he use to sell Naim gear in the last century... makes you think how time flies? I use a wood tooth pick, once again to ever so gently, to pry open the rubber into shape again and with practice I hold the rings open whilst giving them a clean. I can't say it too often, be careful!

It will become second nature for your wife to use the Naim cd player.

One last tip, and this is from Naim themselves, to clean the lazer gently use white tack, it might go under a different name (no pun) in your corner of the planet earth, by dabbing the lazer lense gently to lift off debris... go carefully and with a steady hand.

Enjoy your new CD player.
Ron
Thank you Ron for the advice...I will be very careful with the pucks. I will admit though that I would be very apprehensive to cleaning the laser.

I know my wife will become more comfortable with time playing the CDS2, she just knows how much I love the various pieces in my system and she would feel bad if she inadvertently did something wrong that would damage anything.....so she is just extra cautious. It's kind of like when you buy a new car. In the very beginning you tend to park away from any other cars for fear of receiving a ding in your car door....you are always more cautious of everything when you first receive them.

Thanks again Ron.