+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracks you wouldn't pollute your CD player with

I'm Graeme.

Default Tracks you wouldn't pollute your CD player with

Thanks to Steve (aquapiranha) here's a thread that you can vent your spleen with... and we might even start a few arguments too!

Do they annoy you, are they just noise, trite, pathetic, do the lyrics get on your nerves, are the artists talentless idiots or what?

6 of the "best" from me...

Savage Garden: "Affirmation" - a trite, pointless and boring list with nothing in the music to give it a lift.

Cat Stevens: "Days of the Old School Yard" - any song with the lines "When we had simplicity/And when we had warm toast for tea" should have been consigned to the bin before it was unleashed on an unsuspecting public.

Genesis: "Whodunnit" - OK, Abacab wasn't the best of their albums, but this was the pits. Was it you or was it me/Or was it he or she/Was it A or was it B/Or was it X or Zee?" TBH, lads, I couldn't give a pair of fettered dingo's kidneys.

Reel 2 Real: "I like to move it" - Really? Well why not take this rubbish with you when you do? This gets on my nerves SO MUCH and not only because my daughters form time-to-time sing it incessantly.

Chris de Burgh: "A Spaceman Came Travelling" - Tell me Chris, why would he come so far just to sing "Da--da--da--daa-da-da-daa-daa-daaaa." Please no more.....

And while we're on Christmas hits:
    Kirsty McColl/The Pogues: "Fairy tale of New York." - Sorry guys, this has all the garbage in it that makes my beloved folk music reviled throughout the world: Inverted-snobby pretentiousness that oozes from every groaned syllable. Absolutely awful.

I might have a further rant later...

PLEASE CALL ME GREZ!

Manticore Mantra TT circa 1986 c/w Linn Basik+ Arm and Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge; Cyrus CD8SE CD player 2009; Onix OA-21 amplifier circa 1985; Celestion DL4 speakers, 1985; Apollo Speaker Stands 1987; Sound Organisation Rack 1992.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Anything from X factor winners (or losers), in fact probably most commecial "pop" over the last 7 - 10 years
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Grez View Post
    Thanks to Steve (aquapiranha) here's a thread that you can vent your spleen with... and we might even start a few arguments too!

Do they annoy you, are they just noise, trite, pathetic, do the lyrics get on your nerves, are the artists talentless idiots or what?

6 of the "best" from me...

Savage Garden: "Affirmation" - a trite, pointless and boring list with nothing in the music to give it a lift.

Cat Stevens: "Days of the Old School Yard" - any song with the lines "When we had simplicity/And when we had warm toast for tea" should have been consigned to the bin before it was unleashed on an unsuspecting public.

Genesis: "Whodunnit" - OK, Abacab wasn't the best of their albums, but this was the pits. Was it you or was it me/Or was it he or she/Was it A or was it B/Or was it X or Zee?" TBH, lads, I couldn't give a pair of fettered dingo's kidneys.

Reel 2 Real: "I like to move it" - Really? Well why not take this rubbish with you when you do? This gets on my nerves SO MUCH and not only because my daughters form time-to-time sing it incessantly.

Chris de Burgh: "A Spaceman Came Travelling" - Tell me Chris, why would he come so far just to sing "Da--da--da--daa-da-da-daa-daa-daaaa." Please no more.....

And while we're on Christmas hits:
    Kirsty McColl/The Pogues: "Fairy tale of New York." - Sorry guys, this has all the garbage in it that makes my beloved folk music reviled throughout the world: Inverted-snobby pretentiousness that oozes from every groaned syllable. Absolutely awful.

I might have a further rant later...

Anything by Alan Holdsworth.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Steve.

Ob La Di, Ob La Da what's that all about then.
    Eminem and his ilk, utter rubbish.
    Country and Western full stop. SHITE

not that I have a CD player anymore
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Dan.

I woke up one morning to find the missus using my system to listen to Bucks Fizz.
    I honestly thought I was still asleep and having a nightmare.

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Anything by Alan Holdsworth.
    Holdsworth is a stunning guitarist I tend to perfer his music with other artists/bands but Secrets is well worth checking out
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I've got a 2 year old daughter, and a nutty wife - there is no limit to the depths of crud that goes through my system!

Personally, though, there is very little that I would say I can't stand, with the possible exception of James Blunt - I don't know why, but I just hate his stuff with a passion, and he annoys the tits off me whenever I've seen him in interviews...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

James Blunt - yep one of the worst things ever. I think he knows it as well but I'mm sure all that cash makes it easier to live with...

Also banned on my system - The Smiths, the Beautiful South, REM - hate 'em with a passion
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Chris Rea and Chris De Burgh

What a nice pairing Drivel
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Nobody.

Anything post 1973

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast