+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bryan Adams hang your head in shame

I'm Harry.

Default Bryan Adams hang your head in shame

OK, I'm not a great Bryan Adams fan (don't own any of his albums) and the vile Everything I Do is possibly my most hated record of all time. But, the guy writes decent songs and although his voice isn't the best . . .

Anyway he has a new album out called Bare Bones. It's an acoustic live album. Bryan Adams unplugged sylee. Seemed like a good idea.

I bought it and i was foolishly expecting it to be something like the stunning Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live. Jesus, what a disappointment. The recording is bloody awful, Adams's voice grates like fingernails going down glass and there is just too much American syle hootin and a hollerin from the crowd.

I'm shocked that is such a crap recording. What a bloody waste of nine quid.
    Jesus it's really, really bad. I was expectimg it to be good and it's simply one of the worst live recordings I've heard in ages.

I've got a fairly decent system but I may as well listen to this heap of festering dog doodah on a £99 micro system. If anyone has Bryan Adams's email address I'll write to him and give him a piece of my mind and ask for my money back

Right, now I've got that off my chest I'll stick Nils on.

I'm Paul.

I used to really like Nils, but I struggle to listen to him now.
    Used to love his live shows, he's a great live performer but it's the voice.

The Bryan Adams MTV Unplugged cd from a few years back I think is very good. But not really liked him since Reckless.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by isuckedmandelsonslemons View Post
    OK, I'm not a great Bryan Adams fan (don't own any of his albums) and the vile Everything I Do is possibly my most hated record of all time. But, the guy writes decent songs and although his voice isn't the best . . .

Anyway he has a new album out called Bare Bones. It's an acoustic live album. Bryan Adams unplugged sylee. Seemed like a good idea.

I bought it and i was foolishly expecting it to be something like the stunning Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live. Jesus, what a disappointment. The recording is bloody awful, Adams's voice grates like fingernails going down glass and there is just too much American syle hootin and a hollerin from the crowd.

I'm shocked that is such a crap recording. What a bloody waste of nine quid.
    Jesus it's really, really bad. I was expectimg it to be good and it's simply one of the worst live recordings I've heard in ages.

I've got a fairly decent system but I may as well listen to this heap of festering dog doodah on a £99 micro system. If anyone has Bryan Adams's email address I'll write to him and give him a piece of my mind and ask for my money back

Right, now I've got that off my chest I'll stick Nils on.
    Hey, go easy on Bryan, he's not been himself since Pavaroti died.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Interesting, his earlier Unplugged album is rather good, I thought...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm john.

Thank goodness my wife passed on the Bare Bones album..I loved Reckless back in the day but since then it's been downhill.
    John.

I'm John.

Oh goody goody a Nils Lofgren fan
    Cry Tough; used to have it on record. Got it on tape. Got it on the list of vinyl to replace with CD or download (redbook or better of course )
    So, basically I haven’t got it

I wants it precious
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Oh goody goody a Nils Lofgren fan
    Cry Tough; used to have it on record. Got it on tape. Got it on the list of vinyl to replace with CD or download (redbook or better of course )
    So, basically I haven’t got it

I wants it precious
    Forget all the others. The one you want is the acoustic live album. Stunning.

I'm Harry.

You win some. You lose some. At the same time as I got the Adams rubbish I got Rock Dust Light Star by Jamiroquai. Now if all albums were recorded as well as this I'd have no comlpaints. Some bass on here to bring the house down and incredible drumming.

I'm Santosh.

Thanks Harry for this...BA bare bones was on my shopping list. BA was on BBC 2 few days ago and was performing live with another band member just on piano and i thought it was pretty good. If it is a bad recording i will leave it. As one of another member mentioned I am not a BA fan but listening to the BBC 2 i was impressed with it thought if it is acoustic let me give it a try

I'm Shaun.

Whilst we're on the subject of Bryan Adams; a couple of years ago I got to go with a couple of friends to Nunnington Hall in North Yorkshire to see an exhibition of photography that this man had put on at the expense of the National Trust. I'd like to ask if anyone else has seen any of Mr Adams' photography...? To call it very nondescript is doing it a great justice. The imaging is extremely bland and of very ordinary quality. I have seen photography by a great many amateurs and a lot of this amateur work was considarbly better than Bryan Adams' work. I rest my case.

+ Reply to Thread