Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mike New Technics bearing

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I really hope the bearing hasn't suffered an unfortunate accident which results in it being faulty. It's not brand new in an unopened box so whoever buys it can't be sure its provenance. Given that people are trying to "prove" points here (and it's a very unpleasant situation) I wouldn't rule anything out.
    I have a feeling that as long as it turns freely it'll be alright, i know where you are coming from though Clive but i'm just not going to say what thoughts are going through my head
    Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Surely, all the winner has to do is to send it to Mike New for checking? May involve shipping costs and some time in transit, but there would be re-assurance that the bearing is actually fine.
    I don't think it'd need checking if it turns smoothly Dave, think about it
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

The original auction (in this thread) is still there, and has been all along (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...1#ht_589wt_881) - it is not the same auction Marco has linked to as being pulled - was there 2?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

... I have one comment ...
    The consensus is that dave is shit kicking ....
    Is there much gain in kicking it back ...
    I really don't care what people get up to, I'm not one to pass judgement, why bother? It only serves to exacerbate things

Please don't accuse me of "taking sides"... I really don't give a toss, I just think that the people involved should perhaps be left to sort it out there self ...

Shot stiring and gossip are never productive, even taking sides seems to get you in a hole...

My suggestion to people not involved directly is to borrow my barge pole and don't touch it with or on anything

All typed as always with respect and the best interest o te forum and it's members involved
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

At least a very deserving charity will get half of the proceeds, which is one positive out of this whole sorry (IMHO) episode.
    I'm not sure there's any guarantee that said charity would actually receive the funds. Sounds great on the surface though.
    Kelly

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    I really don't care what people get up to, I'm not one to pass judgement, why bother? It only serves to exacerbate things

Please don't accuse me of "taking sides"... I really don't give a toss, I just think that the people involved should perhaps be left to sort it out there self ...

Shot stiring and gossip are never productive, even taking sides seems to get you in a hole...

My suggestion to people not involved directly is to borrow my barge pole and don't touch it with or on anything

All typed as always with respect and the best interest o te forum and it's members involved
    Hamish, that's more than one comment.....and it's no Shot stiring or even Shit stirring

When these things are played out publicly I see no problem with some controlled comment about what's going on. Maybe some people think this an innocent auction. The auction is such a blatant and public action that ups the ante. If you don't want to talk, don't join (or start!) a forum - but comments do need to be kept civil IMO. But we all have our own views.....
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Hamish,

Dave Cawley is not "shit kicking" - it is much more serious than that. This is out-and-out libel and slander, carried out with the sole intention of ruining someone's business in order to seek financial gain, which is a WHOLE different ball game!!

That's hardly a responsible attitude. So you don't care about the lies Dave Cawley has perpetrated with the sole intention of damaging Mike New's reputation in order to seek financial gain, and the implications this could've had on his livelihood??

It's not a matter of 'passing judgement'. It's about exposing a charlatan in the industry, which in my position as owner of an Internet site full of audio enthusiasts and potential customers of his, I consider as my duty.

For your information, and that of everyone else, I have been given actual evidence, that I cannot disclose here, which PROVES that Dave Cawley was intending to rip off Mike New's bearing when they were both still supposed business partners!!!

Just what sort of low-life scumbag does that???

No chance. Dave Cawley's 'misdemeanours' will continue to be brought into the public domain on AoS, as people deserve to know exactly what this man is capable of. There's no way he is going to get away with what he has done.

With due respect, Hamish, and I'm going to be very frank with you here, it's high time you took off those rose-tinted specs and picked the splinters out of your arse from all that fence sitting, when it comes to Dave Cawley, and woke up and realised what a snide and devious character he is, as from the evidence I've seen, the man can do no wrong in your eyes......

Others here also come into the same category. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid this has to be said, as the toadying to DC I've seen recently on his forum by certain parties, despite the despicable way he's treated Mike New, who is the ONLY victim here, makes me sick to my gut. I guess those who lack balls, though, will always simply look after their own selfish interests.....

Hamish, you know full well the conversation you've had today with Anthony TD, and how DC was caught red-handed yet again bad-mouthing other people at the recent Whittlebury Hall hi-fi show, namely Anthony and Paul Hynes, to protect his commercial interests and give people in the industry the impression that he’s some sort of 'guru' (what a joke!) These things always have a habit of coming back and biting you on the arse, though, as the hi-fi world is a very small one..........................

And on top of that, in an email he once sent to Mike New, DC referred to both Anthony and Paul as, I quote: "chancers". I can publish the email here for everyone’s perusal, if necessary. Chancers, indeed!! There's only one bloody 'chancer' I know of and he lives in Dartmouth. This man thinks he can bad-mouth people with impunity, well in that respect he got a very rude awakening!

Did Anthony (or Paul) deserve that treatment, especially from someone who could no more design a piece of audio equipment than find a hard-on in a nunnery? What harm had either of them done to Dave Cawley?

I presume you know that it's Alex Nitikin, and not Dave Cawley, who designs all the Timestep PSUs, despite the latter taking all the credit for it?

So what's it going to take, mate, for you to see that DC is simply a liar and a money grabbing parasite? Does he have to put his hand in your back pocket and remove your wallet before you eventually realise it??

You may have had nothing but good experiences of Dave Cawley, and so it's hard for you to feel anything but good towards him, I understand that, but that's what shysters like him do best - gain your confidence and respect so they can fleece you for as much as they can get. Spare a thought here instead for Mike New!

You really do need to wake up and smell the coffee, as far as DC is concerned, and I’m saying this with the best of intentions.

My suggestion is for quite the opposite. I would like more people such as Doug to come forward and offer their thoughts on this disgraceful situation, based on having used Mike New's bearings and thus knowing of their true quality, so that as much information as possible is presented to ensure that Dave Cawley receives the comeuppance he so richly deserves.

I apologise to everyone for the rant, but this whole thing has made my blood boil, and it had to be said.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Clive.

Hamish, having been a part-time reviewer of UK cottage industry products since the 80's I know what's going on here....it happens loads and is sick (in the old fashioned meaning of the word). I'm not as forthright as Marco but we're on the same wavelength.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I presume you know that it's Alex Nitikin, and not Dave Cawley, who designs all the Timestep PSUs, despite the latter taking all the credit for it?
    Marco, I would like to put things straight on two counts:

1) My surname is Nikitin.

2) I did not design any of Timestep products. What I do is sold under A.N.T. Audio name.

Alex

(back to watching this ridiculous spectactle. Need more popcorn! )

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Alex,

Sorry for misspelling your name. Normally, I don't get it wrong.

As for the other thing, I'm sorry, but I have it good authority to the contrary. I can say no more on the subject.

It's your prerogative though to deny it.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Alex,

Sorry for misspelling your name. Normally, I don't get it wrong.

As for the other thing, I'm sorry, but I have it good authority to the contrary. I can say no more on that subject.

It's your prerogative though to deny it.

Marco.
    Marco, ROTFL, I should now what I did design and what not . Sorry - if all your information in this thread is of this kind of a "good authority" quality, I seriously pity you. Somebody was/is feeding you rubbish. I will say no more .

Cheers

Alex

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast