Excellent thread Alex!

We have all been there with one passionate interest/hobby or another. For me it was travel and photography; the two were connected. Travel to parts foreign waned because:
(a) it became too expensive - in the past I would travel simply and cheaply and be quite content to use a sleeping bag; now I want the comfort of a decent bed and clean washing facilities.
(b) sadly many of the countries that I would have liked to visit are now either unsafe for tourists, or modernisation has spoilt the countryside and in some cases forced the relocation of minority indigenous peoples.

Loss of interest in photography, ironically occurred with the advent of digital. The latter was convenient but with it I lost my "eye" for composition. Maybe if I was to invest in a decent digital camera things might improve and I might regain my passion.

But going back to "Hi Fi", I don't think you need to buy any new gear (from what I recall, you already have a decent system). Keep listening to the radio, for inspiration, and keep a watch on the 'Spinning ...' threads to see what other Members here are enjoying. I always have a look and have been introduced to many fine artist(e)s/performers through it.