+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Degrees of Separation

I'm drunk.

I'm ChrisB.

RJD was in Black Sabbath - 'Children of the Sea'

..............and spookily enough, so was Bev Bevan, the drummer from ELO (double points for a degree of backward seperation?)
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 15-08-2010 at 15:23.

I'm Nick.

Bev Bevan went to the same school as Jasper Carrott, and they worked together at the same shop after they left. Jasper Carrott went on to record a number of amusing barn stormers, including this one:

Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Dan.

erm, Jasper is a green mineral, as is emerald

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Great link, Nick ...and who produced Funky Moped? Jeff Lynne, formerly of ELO!!!

...And, the single was banned by the BBC because of the B-Side - Magic Roundabout (me and my mate Mark used to play his dad's copy endlessly!)

I was in the middle of a Travelling Wilburys link, but Dan beat me with the Thin Lizzy one - so where next people...?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nick.

Fantastic, I never realised there was so much to know about Jasper Carrott!
    Nick
    My system...

I'm ChrisB.

..........so where next people...?
    OK, Thin Lizzy's 'Live & Dangerous' album was produced by Tony Visconti, whose wife is Mary Hopkin.

'Those Were the Days'

I'm Nick.

Fifth Dimension covered Mary Hopkin's 'Those Were The Days' on their album 'Age Of Aquarius', which also featured this song, written and originally performed by Laura Nyro.

>>
    Nick
    My system...

I'm drunk.

Laura Nyro's last album was produced by Gary Katz, who in his early career within the music industry worked with Steppenwolf. Who are probablly best known for this little ditty.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Steppenwolf's Born to be wild was played on the opening credits to the 1969 film Easy Rider starring Dennis Hopper & Peter Fonda - also featured on the soundtrack is The Jimi Hendrix experience - If 6 was 9 from the album Axis: Bold as Love

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast