+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This week at the car boot sale

I'm RichardbutpreferRich.

Default This week at the car boot sale

As someone who usualy attends the local car boot sale I thought I'd start a thread to list any weekly Hifi spots. In truth most of the stuff tends to be low to midfi really but I thought as a bit of fun it miight be of interest to start a list to give an idea of what turns up and the prices:-

2 weeks ago

Sansui AU-505 Amp - £5
    Sansui TU-505 tuner - £5
    Sansui SP-2000 speakers - £5
    Rogers LS5 speakers - £50

This week

Royd Squire speakers £15
    Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers - £10
    Technics SLD2 direct drive turntable - £5

This is a list of stuff I've seen and not stuff I've bought. Prices given are the intital asking price before any negotiation.
    Rich

Source: Squeezebox Touch, Chinese AK4396 DAC, Pioneer PL-112D + Shure M75ED type2, Pioneer PD-7700 CDP
    Amp: Sansui AU-505
    Speakers: Ditton 44's

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I have never seen any proper separates apart from one Technics double-cassette deck at the two sites I have tried in Ipswich... (Can only assume there's a dealer goes round very early? Or maybe it's because electricity has only just got this far East?!)

Mind, you I would have bought everything on your list if I had seen it so probably just as well!

Did well on records and CDs yesterday though. As mentioned on the Spinning now, picked up a 1st press Factory Sample mono copy of Rubber Soul for 50p
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Just returned from the mayhem that is Ipswich town centre. First thing was to find that Cash Converters has moved from it's large premises into a tiny (by comparison) shop in a back street... Fancied an "Oggie Oggie" but didn't in the end and sonny-jim was getting stroppy (we only went to get some school uniform bits for him )
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm john.

Please excuse my ignorance Dave but whats an oggie oggie?
    John.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

It's a pasty shop in Ipswich town centre (one of two or three I've found). Can't beat a good pasty on boring shopping trips
    Last edited by DSJR; 26-07-2010 at 20:13.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm ChrisB.

I thought a pasty was a tiggie oggie?

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I love car boot sales My Aiwa record deck was bought at a car boot, i thought the guy was joking when he said 'I hope your car is near here', it weighs nearly 2 stone

I have still got tons of hifi stuff bought from boot sales, i used to fix the stuff & then sell it. It's surprising how much stuff actually works though Alas i can't get to them any more, probably a good job as i'd still be buying stuff
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    As someone who usualy attends the local car boot sale I thought I'd start a thread to list any weekly Hifi spots. In truth most of the stuff tends to be low to midfi really but I thought as a bit of fun it miight be of interest to start a list to give an idea of what turns up and the prices:-

2 weeks ago

Sansui AU-505 Amp - £5
    Sansui TU-505 tuner - £5
    Sansui SP-2000 speakers - £5
    Rogers LS5 speakers - £50

This week

Royd Squire speakers £15
    Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers - £10
    Technics SLD2 direct drive turntable - £5

This is a list of stuff I've seen and not stuff I've bought. Prices given are the intital asking price before any negotiation.
    I love car booties, but i've never seen any 'serious' hifi on my sorties. Trouble is you have to get there right at the start - all the good stuff goes in the first half hour. Those Royd Squires are a bit of find for £15/10 - couldn't pick them up for me?
    Paul.

I'm Ron.

Unhappy dual cv80 integrated

Hello All.
    Just wondered if anyone on AOS is interested in the above amp
    for free? it is exellent cosmetically,but the left channel is AWOL ,blown output resistor maybe?I am not physically capable of repairing it myself more`s the pity.The only proviso is the amp must be picked up from Hull east
    york`s,come on lad`s i would have to tip it .

Cheer`s

Ron

I'm Neil.

I picked up an Elizabeathan mono valve reel to reel from a local Cancer charity shop on Saturday. It works, sounds quite nice from its one built-in speaker and has come with a mic, original sale label and a few reels of Scotch 3M tape.

I had a gut feeling if I kept calling in with this shop that someday a reel to reel would show up. Apparently I missed another one during the week but the guy in the shop said it had not been working properly. Sadly he could not tell me what it had been.

I am hoping there are some nice valves in it I left it in the S/H bookshop I work in, as I didn't fancy carrying it to the train station.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast