+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Mail Alerts

MartinT Guest

Default E-Mail Alerts

Is it just me or have e-mail alerts stopped coming through in the last 24 hours or so?

MartinT Guest

...and I just got my first alert again this morning after a break of some time. Peculiar, I haven't changed any settings anywhere.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I usually get an email when I get a PM, or a post in my "subscribed threads" but that didn't happen yesterday. I got one now when I sent a PM to myself (I do the same at Valentines) so must have been a gremlin in the works yesterday I suspect.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

MartinT Guest

Yes, I think there was a gremlin as my alerts are flowing in fine again.

I'm Nick.

That's good to hear chaps. I should say that I didn't pull any gears inadvertently left in neutral, so it sounds like a temporary issue with the mail delivery system. If it happens again let me know on this thread. I monitor these things for Quality of Service
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Steve.

I haven't had any emails for a few days, despite getting PM's during that time. I hope it is all sorted soon. Cheers.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

MartinT Guest

Sorry to say they've stopped again. For instance, I didn't get an alert for Steve's post above.

I'm Nick.

I've checked the server and email are being generated by the forum, but I also haven't received any emails since 23:57 last night, and I know there are emails that I should have received that have been generated.

I will raise this with Global Gold and get them to check the outgoing forum mail servers.
    Nick
    My system...

MartinT Guest

Any joy, Nick? I'm not getting a damned sausage through now.

I'm Nick.

I'm in discussions with our forum host...

Can everyone who usually gets emails please post to this thread if these have stopped in the last few days? Are any of you getting the 'Daily digest' notifications? what about 'Instant' notifications?

It has been suggested that we may be over our package limit in terms of emails being sent out, but I am skeptical. The above info would help me work out if my skepticism is properly placed or not.
    Nick
    My system...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast