+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MAD Hi Fi+15 courses dinner Cable spagetti, baked crab with capacitor

Default MAD Hi Fi+15 courses dinner Cable spagetti, baked crab with capacitor

Let's go MAD again on 22nd May 2010 for a crazy day! I think some of you was too full last time. I suggest this time you can fast for a day, some that you have plenty of space for 15 courses of top quality food.

I am pleased this time I can bring the compact enough MyClapton speakers, some Mark and me don't need to carry tones of equipments up and down again, we nearly had an heart attack as well as panic attack (you can't park at Whitehall).

Anyway, some of you probably have no bloody idea what we are talking about. On the day, we will do some crazy thing like:

1, Weight Training - Lifting tonnes of equippments up and down. Feel free to bring your speakers along if you are strong enough.

2, Penetration - Plug in a lot of different cables to hear what they like. Last time we tested 6, but it was quite boring. Perhaps this time we only compare the best of the best stuffs. If you have Nordost Odin, Valhala etc.. Please bring them along with you.

3, Dating - with the MyClapton loudspeakers, if you missed your chance at the show. This time it will partner with an Audio Note system instead of solid state. If you fallen in love with him(them), you can consider to bring them home and sleep with them everynight. You can have any finish you like. Don't fallen in love with the pretty waitress, her mum is very striaght and she may ask you date her instead. In fact Mr. Lee (The owner of the restaurant) received a few anonymous calls enquired about the girl after the feast..... Weird:

4, Eating and Drinking - I think last time we had more than 15 courses, could someone remind me how much was it? Oh, here you are!

My friends restaurant called Sole Luna, next to South Kensington Tube station, off street meter parking is available right outside the restaurant, let's get the Hi-Fi thing start at 1400 and having dinner in the evening. Sole Luna is an Italian Restaurant you never know who you are going to meet there, once my friend introduced me to Woody Allen & various celebrities. The good thing for his place is use 'discreet components', that means it is a very discreet place (Private Dinning) and 'components' means many dishes, as I said it's going to be 15 courses, not 3, not 5, it is 15!!!! My freind will cook in a very special fusion style, he will charge us only £25 included unlimited supply of wine and soft drinks (during the dinner). Please make sure you don't eat hi fi after binge drinking. (Perhaps you can try to ask me to sell you cables for £1 when I am piss, you never know I might say yes!). What you can expect is I cannot tell you what he's going to cook, but it is like Naim, Linn, ATC, MAD & SANE etc... whatever they make is expected to be a brilliant one. You can never have the same dish again at his place, everytime you visit there is a new suprise. Let's see what people said last time

http://theartofsound.net/forum/newre...wreply&p=73662

[QUOTE=Dave Cawley;76665]

Lounging around waiting for the start

Love is a pair of headphones

Mmmmmmm is that cable better or not?

OK, make that a beer and a tonic water please

Now this is the better cable!

Sony DAT recorder, A.N.T. Amber headphone amplifier
    and Denon D-7000 headphones

Just about to tuck in, only another 18 courses to go.......

Slow starters

Done and dusted, none could eat another thing

As the photo's show we had a really great time! The afternoon started when the Italian Restaurant didn't know we were booked into the room upstairs but hopefully we all found it!. We had a show-and-tell table (forgot to photograph it) with a copper DAC and the gorgeous Miniwatt amplifier (more on that in another thread) and a couple of headphone amps working from a Nakamichie cassette deck and a Sony DAT Walkman.

The best bit was the meal, dish after dish was served at a breathtaking rate, we ate, ate and ate even more. The standard was simply wonderful and included such delicacy as soft shell crab that we eat whole and a rather tasty chicken and chilli dish. But it was the sheer number and size of the dishes that captivated us. I did in fact eat twice as much as some people and one and a half times that of most people. We were spread over two tables.

Do you want to come along?
    Last edited by MAD; 23-04-2010 at 18:54. Reason: Wrong date
    JJ

My Audio Design
    E-mail: sales@madengland.com
    Tel: 07782 137 868

I'm ChrisB.

Sadly, once again I won't be able to attend as geography is against me. But, as for last time, a sincere thanks for the invitation.

Just one thing. If you're going to do this.............

Plug in a lot of different cables.....................this time we only compare the best of the best stuffs. If you have Nordost Odin, Valhala etc.. Please bring them along with you.
    .........I think you really should consider including the all conquering and spiff'nificent 'Barry D. Hunt-erconnects' in your test as a control.
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 23-04-2010 at 06:51.

I'm ILOB.

I am up for it I think it was about £20 for the 15 course meal I might bring my open baffles along but parking around that area is not so good so no not sure
    Ahh just saw the £25 The food was amazing and for what you getting this is extremly cheap
    Last edited by John; 23-04-2010 at 07:08.
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Steve.

Yep I'm in!
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Unfortunately I am unable to make it as I will be away with the family on hols - disappointing to have missed both but there you go - third time lucky, maybe?

I'm sure you'll all have a great time - enjoy!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

If the meal is at the same venue as last time, where will the auditioning take place - at your premises in Croydon? You need to give us the address Tim.

Provisionally, I ought to be able to make it - but we do need to know where!

Regards
    Barry

I'm ILOB.

Same as last place we had it; near the station
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    If the meal is at the same venue as last time, where will the auditioning take place - at your premises in Croydon? You need to give us the address Tim.

Provisionally, I ought to be able to make it - but we do need to know where!

Regards
    It is the same place as last time, the audition again will be at the restaurant like last time, but without boring R&D kind of cable comparasion.
    JJ

My Audio Design

Default Open baffle

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Same as last place we had it; near the station
    Yep, there's pay meter parking 50m from Sole Luna (Our private paradise).
    JJ

My Audio Design

Quote Originally Posted by twelvebears View Post
    Yep I'm in!
    Will you bring your hi -fi trolley with you? (Look at your picture)
    JJ

My Audio Design

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast