+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New free streaming site We7

Default New free streaming site We7

I have Spotify but actually use We7 as its seems to have more of the latest albums for free. No software download either.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Well reminded Paul, it is also easier to link directly to an album, for instance the new Peter Gabriel Album - Scratch My Back (just an example, no reason, just a link from the main page.)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm DeleteThisAccount.

Thanks for the tip. I think spotify is great, but going to check this out now!

Its nice that you can run it without downloading an app, but its got far too many adverts both on screen and between songs. I'd stick with spotify

I'm DeleteThisAccount.

After testing this out a bit I think I'll be sticking to Spotify, We7 as a backup for other computers (at parties etc) where it's easier to use a browser based application.
    The ads - although the ads on We7 are short (3-5 seconds), they appear after every song which is more annoying. At the moment, they all seem to be in-house ads. I think that if the service becomes more popular, and they start to have outside advertisements, the adverts will get longer. This coupled with ads after every song would be unbearable for me.
    I do like how they have a system to give all users the chance to have ad free playback though. Each day that you use the service, you gain 10% towards an ad fee day. When you reach 100%, you can choose when to activate your ad-free day. Nice idea!
    I've also been unable to find artists on We7 that I can find on Spotify, but I know the artist available differ from country to country anyway, so maybe not as much of an issue for some than others.

+ Reply to Thread