+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A good dac costs a minimum of £3000

I'm Jerry.

Default A good dac costs a minimum of £3000

This is a comment on Wigwam by a respected founder member.
    I offer no opinion but I would like yours.......
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

define "good"...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    This is a comment on Wigwam by a respected founder member.
    I offer no opinion but I would like yours.......
    That's just crazy talk!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I suggest that the chap is a contortionist, and that his head is jammed up his own backside.

Chris

I'm David.

sounds like toss and balls to me... but yeah i would agree with alex, it depends on your definition of good. the 7520 is a good dac
    im pretty certain dimitri will have a view on this ... no presure buddy
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I suggest that the chap is a contortionist, and that his head is jammed up his own backside.

Chris
    Indeed.Chris,you need to hear Nick's sabre dac with the PP 6n6p output stage.Sounds brilliant!

I'm Duncan.

yes,
    I have just built a wolfson dac with a srpp 6n6p output stage, best yet!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yep Duncan,sounds good doesn't it! I was gobsmacked.Cheap as chips valve too.Nick was using some Sowter outputs.Larvley!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Indeed.Chris,you need to hear Nick's sabre dac with the PP 6n6p output stage.Sounds brilliant!
    I will soon, hopefully. Knowing Nick things will not sound nice for nice' sake. Next meet perhaps ?

I've got my Caiman, which is no slouch. And a steal at less than 10% of the suggested entry price.
    A good friend has just bought a Chord Electronics Chordette Bluetooth DAC, and that sounds pretty splendiferous at around £400. And that's streaming files from a laptop with a common old garden Bluetooth dongle.

Chris

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

my "define good" wasn't in any way meant to be inflamatory toward Jerry, BTW - just that there are many definitions of good!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast