+ Reply to Thread
Page 1481 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 481981138114311471147914801481
Results 14,801 to 14,805 of 14805

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Normally winter comfort food, but we’re still in winter, right? Toad In The Hole with mash, asparagus, courgettes, peas and sweetcorn.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Looks good Alex, though I would just go with the 'Toad' - you can keep the 'Hole'. I find Yorkshire pudding boring and somewhat tasteless.

But yes, the weather is changing , so despite it having been a wonderful day today, it was chilli-con-carne and rice for me tonight. Photos to follow.
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Lasagne. Served with a shovel, luckily tasted better than the presentation suggests!

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Certainly looks tasty - home made?
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Certainly looks tasty - home made?
    Thanks Barry. Yes, from scratch, although not the lasagne sheets. I’ve perfected the meat sauce recipe (same as bolognese) over many attempts but it does take a lot of prep. My “secret” ingredient which Marco will castigate me for when he returns is a whole chorizo ring, chopped into tiny pieces - I timed myself and it took 24 minutes to do that alone!

Lasagne used to be my daughter’s favourite, but ever since she had a sickness bug and tried to eat it whilst still not feeling well she can’t stand the site or smell of it. Billy loves it too, so taking the opportunity to make it for him whilst she is away. I was the same with macaroni cheese - had some when I was about 8 and was then sick, the smell of it used to make my stomach churn. I did get over it a few years ago, but it took nearly 4 decades before I could eat it again!
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread