+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Grant mains leads

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

If it was me, though - I'd snap this up NOW! - MP11 With Boron Cantilever
    I totally agree with Alex. Hit that 'Buy it Now' button NOW, Chris - the Boron version is bloody brilliant!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Having gone to a NOS Nagaoka MP-15 (thanks again DSJR) from an AT95e in a 3009 S2 Improved arm on the Garrard the Nagaoka MP-110 will I suspect be a great choice - in my setup it is much better in every way (bass, clarity, soundstage & surface noise) than the AT.

If it was me, though - I'd snap this up NOW! - MP11 With Boron Cantilever
    Thanks Alex

i missed it ' alas at work all afternoon and evening
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Drats, I should've emailed you....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Drats, I should've emailed you....

Marco.
    I did PM Chris, but must have been too late.

Peter Stockwell says he has a couple - are they the Boron version Peter? Still might be worth a go anyway Chris even if not as the MP-110 is the updated MP-11 and I suspect there is not a huge difference in performance relative to the likely cost differential.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Hey, you win some, you lose some... Some utter biatch yesterday beat me to an off-the-shoulder appliqué dress on EBay. It was pastel blue and had pistachio tulle flowers sown on the neck, and just simply divine....

Gutted, I was!

Marco.
    Main System

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Guy's ' idon't think there is anything wrong with my DL160

I found the culprit to be both the Mark Grant and Isoconitik mains cables ,which i have been using with my Trichord for the last 3 weeks .

Today i quickly put the bog standard lead back on and...

Got to go , more later but my Vinyl is back on song and i'm stunned at this or should i be.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Clive.

Wierd, I'm comfortable with the idea that shielded and other exotic mains cables don't make a difference with a particular system or component but to make the sound worse.....WTF?
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Wierd, I'm comfortable with the idea that shielded and other exotic mains cables don't make a difference with a particular system or component but to make the sound worse.....WTF?
    If it can make an audible difference, there's no reason why one person can't view that difference as a deterioration rather than an improvement.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    If it can make an audible difference, there's no reason why one person can't view that difference as a deterioration rather than an improvement.
    I'm not contesting what Chris has heard but for a sensibly made mains lead (as MGs are) to sound dull vs a standard mains lead is not at all what I'd expect. I could understand no difference or greater clarity but dull is a surprise.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I'm not contesting what Chris has heard but for a sensibly made mains lead (as MGs are) to sound dull vs a standard mains lead is not at all what I'd expect. I could understand no difference or greater clarity but dull is a surprise.
    Could be question of vocabulary, could be also that the plugs needed unplgging and replugging, could be that they are dull ...
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.