+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nusance Calls

I'm Nobody.

Default Nusance Calls

Any ideas anyone.

You can guarentee i will get a nusance call every few days from my broadband provider what for i don't know because i don't give them time to fill me with shit but it's obvious what it's for. I've told them numerous times to stop calling but they are persistant..Any call that starts will ''Hello & how are you today'' don't entertain em.. The day this provider give me a trouble free service i might just give em another millisecond air time on the nusance call.

I'm Phil.

i use anonymous call rejection from bt , costs about 10 pounds a qtr , stops 90% of sales calls . now we probably only get one a week if that
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm David.

We get scotish electric and n power on rotation comeing to the door! I get so sick of that "I'm not trying to sell you anything, we are just seeing if you are paying to much" .. If you insult my intelegence with bull shit like that there is no fucking way I'm gonna buy any of your leccy! ... In fact, mearly comeing to my door is enough to tell them to jam it up...! When you say no, they say "but it won't take any work on your part" .. I got off the sofa, I opened the door and now I'm faced with someone who started the convo by insulting me and lieing ... And then they look pissed off when you tell them "NO!! I'm happy with my more expensive leccy thanks" ... Like I have been wasteing thier god damn time!!! The absolute fucking cheek of em!!
    And don't even get me started on the "hello is that mr hammish, oh erm.. I mean mr jill..." "no it's Hamish gill" "oh I do beg your pardon....I am asuming you would like to be at the top of google, well we can help with that blah blah blah blah seo blah"
    shove google up your ass cock suckers!!!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Neil.

There is a web site where you can register your number (free I think) and if anyone cold calls you after that they are breaking the law and you can have em...

I can't recall the name of it....Google it

If we get any (rare) they get introduced to the smoke alarm test.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Richard.

Hi Andre,
    My usual method of dealing with these people is to say to them "Ah yes, you'll be wanting to speak to the bill payer, hold the line please..." then just leave the receiver on the table for as long as they'll wait for before getting the message and buggering off. Never seems to fail in getting them to stop calling after a couple more goes.

Nuisance phonecalls are illegal and can garner big fines from OFCOM for the offenders if the call originates in this country - Barclaycard got a big fine for it a while back. Maybe threatening to report them to OFCOM could be another route to take, seeing as you have told them numerous times to stop calling you.
    Rich

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

We don't get many, although this summer we were plagued by loads of free holiday offers...

I really object to these phone calls on a Sunday. OK, I'm a hyprocrite as we do occasionally shop on a Sunday, but even then....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm ChrisB.

Register with the TPS.
    It's free.
    http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

I've been on it for years.

I'm ChrisB.

If that doesn't work you could just put them on hold and play them some Boyzone while they're waiting.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I'm registered with TPS and get virtually no calls apart from abroad (where TPS doesn't apply, even if they are promoting a British service) - however TPS also doesn't apply if you are already a customer, as in André's case.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    If that doesn't work you could just put them on hold and play them some Boyzone while they're waiting.

Or Tales from Topographical Oceans

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast