+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Back to music..

Cityboy Guest

Default Back to music..

Good evening all.
    I've been lurking for a while but decided to join as I need some advise on streaming.
    Due to all kinds of commitments I had to ditch the Meridian/Monitor audio gear many moons ago, but am now in a position to start building another system, although cash is at a premium.
    So, I've been looking at all in one "streaming mini systems" from Pioneer & Marantz etc, and also looking at separate amps and pre's.
    I quite like the look of the Marantz/Dali Zensor package from Richer sounds, but also have seen the pre/power package from NVA on EBay for less money, although I'd need to add a chrome cast etc and some speakers?
    I guess what I'm after is a simple plug and play that can access what music I want with a subscription.
    Is this easily achievable for say £500??
    Excuse my ignorance, but tech has moved on quite a bit and I'm a bit lost

I'm Geoff.

Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

There's a lot of info and opinion on streaming here. Take a look through the Digital Expressions section.

Feel free to join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Hi David. Welcome! dgood luck on your search... streaming wise you could also consider the rpi . A bit of a learning curve but sounds very good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Hi David

I think that you may find a used Bluesound Powernode with a pair of book shelf speakers within your budget. That would most probably satisfy your streaming needs as well as being a useful digital hub (with analog input if needed)

Anyways, welcome!
    Cheers Mike

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS David.

Have you considered the Raspberry Pi streamer? There are some here who have been investigating this approach.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread