+ Reply to Thread

Thread: heybrook TT2 transit screw

I'm Rob.

Default heybrook TT2 transit screw

I consider myself lucky to own a TT2 steel chassis, could anyone help me with the size & thread of the transit screw which is missing?

I'm Shane.

M5 x 20 with a penny washer on it.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Rob.

Red face thanks

well I guess you`re the one to know! Thanks. Didn`t know if it might have been an obscure imperial thread. Recently resurrected this deck after a period in storage hugely improved the definition when I got an offcut of granite, sounds really good. Definitely comparable to the Linn-shame the company folded, currently has an Alphason Delta arm do you have any suggestion for a not too bonkers arm upgrade? or should I look at the cart (nagaoka MP10)

I'm jamie.

the ittok worked very well on my tt2.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Shane.

There's a lot of love for the Mission 774 around here, I use one on my TT2 and I think it suits it rather well. The other common recommendation for the TT2 is the Alphason HR100S, but these are pretty rare and fetch hefty prices.

Never been a great fan of Linn arms, but there's plenty who would disagree with me!

I'm jamie.

I found the 774 arm to be too light, it made the bounce to sharp and choppy.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    I found the 774 arm to be too light, it made the bounce to sharp and choppy.
    Never had that with mine. I use it fluid damped as a rule and add a bit of mass at the headshell if I feel it's needed. Though neither are required if using my high compliance ADC carts.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Default re arm

Yes my first thought was an sme s3 3009sii but on research feel that this isn`t a good choice ( I am that old! ) needs to be linn fit (cant be arsed with new armboard) will check out mission arm, take it its pre Chinese era alt for the same money+/- goldring 1042???

I'm Shane.

There are several very different arms that go under the name of Mission 774. The 774LC is an unremarkable Jelco-type device with little to recommend it, and I think there's another made by Alphason or Zeta, can't remember which. The one we're talking about is the original John Bicht design which is distinguished by its lack of a head shell, having a rectangular cartridge mounting block instead. The mount is SME pattern, so you'd need to modify the arm board.

I've never had a problem with the arm being too light, I would think that any bounce problems are likely to be due to cable dressing issues. If lightness was a problem, it wouldn't be too hard to bolt a weight onto the underside of the arm board.

The only problem I've had with the 774 is lack of clearance under the lid which means that you can't close the lid with the arm lift raised, and with some deep cartridges the lid may just touch the top of the arm. Nuisance but not a show-stopper.

+ Reply to Thread