+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What system for my Spanish Shack.

I'm Dave.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Uniti if I were in the market for a simple, high quality, flexible, all in one system - it is truly excellent. The amplifier section is a Nait 5i and will, therefore, work a treat with SBL,s if that is your wish.

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I was wondering what you thought of the Uniti hifi_dave - I noticed on the Uniti site that you don't come up as a dealer for it?

I'm pleased to hear from people on here that it sounds as good as the specs/component parts look - my interest in the Uniti and hence my research (and indoctrination, Dave DSJR!) is because with little fingers getting very interested in my system, I'm considering simplifying the living room hifi and getting it out of the reach of little hands... or maybe buy a cupboard! (Or a sideboard, of course! ) I also think it is a very innovative design, and whatever any one thinks of Naim I personally think they should be applauded for developing it.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Alex, there's always the Rega Elicit - a stunning amp by all accounts...

Mick, to get anything like a High Fidelity sound out of a pair of DBL's is going to cost you very, very dearly, otherwise you're going to have a pair of wardrobe sized "juke-boxes" in your living room, that come nowhere near the similarly priced (or even cheaper) big PMC or ATC actives in performance (NBL's were much better, but still not good enough for the money IMHO). For a heck of a lot less, you could have some good old Tannoys, old or new, and if you buy right, they won't lose much value over the next few years.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dave.

Alex, I didn't realise there was a specific Uniti site. I'll chase them up about it. I guess I'm not on it because I waited a while to see what it was like and if there was any interest in it before wading in.

It's a good bit of kit, after all it's the basic Naim units all in one box with a few extras thrown in. If you want a one-stop solution, this is one of the best.

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Thanks Daves! Food for thought.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    For a heck of a lot less, you could have some good old Tannoys, old or new, and if you buy right, they won't lose much value over the next few years.
    What about the active Reveal 5a or 6a ? Have you listened to them ? Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have similar needs for a secondary room...
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I think I asked this on another thread... The little DC's aren't in the same league as the biggies I understand.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123