+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musical Fidelity V-DAC Vs. Beresford TC-7510 Mk6/latest

Quote Originally Posted by sburrell View Post
    The staff in HiFi Corner were doubtful that my current top-of-the-list item, the 7510, was capable of standing up to the V-DAC, given:
    1) its apparent lack of distinguished heritage
    2) the greater number of features offered compared to the V-DAC (single-input, no variable output) for £10 less (including P&P)
    It's a sad fact that snobbery has allowed 'distinguished heritage' names to source products cheaply in China and stick their label on it. After that, it gets sold at several times the true market value.
    Worse still is the fact that British consumers expect to pay a lot more for extra features. In places like the US you can't get away with that.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Nah then thee!!, 'as tha forgott'n that some of us lesser and older mortals depend on these pension funds benefitting from sales to keep bread on t' table? Wash thi mucky marth art?
    Trust ya soft southerner can understand a bit o' northern vernacular, eh?
    Cheers, (you ugly bull !! ).
    How very dare you! What a f...... liberty!

Oh all right then, pension funds are allowed to make money, as long as it keeps Dave in Techie upgrades!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    How very dare you! What a f...... liberty!

Oh all right then, pension funds are allowed to make money, as long as it keeps Dave in Techie upgrades!
    Hi Alex,
    Thanks for that then - everything's all right I take it - good of you to relax your 'rules' on pension funds .
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The 600 series 1 B&W's had a prominant splashy treble when they were new around fifteen years ago, but I particularly remember several years later a client brought some in and the years of good use had mellowed them superbly, the treble being pleasant and refined. Whether the spitty mk3 versions mellow with the passing of years I don't know..

To end on B&W 600's, the latest ones sound like they could do with a little acoustic wadding inside. give them this and they'll be almost as good and bigger hearted than the vastly more expensive CM models - IMO.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Jerry.

In never fails to amaze me how easy it is to improve nearly all low and mid fi products at little cost. Why dont they spend that extra £5 in the production if all it takes is some extra wadding?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

In Linn/Naim (at least) terms, £5 in production means £50 on the retail price.

Remainder edited to save me possibly dropping in huge doo-doo
    Last edited by DSJR; 14-09-2009 at 17:05.

I'm David.

PM sent...

Post edited accordingly.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 14-09-2009 at 17:09.

I'm seldomaroundnow.

Just an addendum for the sake of completeness, regarding the reference system used in the review:

The power amp was a Sugden Masterclass L40A Stereo Power Amp.
    The pre amp was the Sugden Masterclass Pre Amp.
    The speakers were the Harbeth Monitor 40.1.
    Simon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12