+ Reply to Thread
Page 2975 of 2975 FirstFirst ... 19752475287529252965297329742975
Results 29,741 to 29,744 of 29744

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Another car boot purchase.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I've done a bit of research (Wikipedia!) and apparently Cream released four studio albums.

This being their debut:

Followed by Disraeli Gears, Wheels of Fire (which as you say was a double), and finally Goodbye (which was part studio and part live).

And as for Blind Faith, it seems there was just the one studio album, but alternative sleeves might make it look like there were others.
    OK, I hadn't realised 'Goodbye' was a stand-alone album. From the title it sounds as if might have been made to satisfy contractual obligations. I will have to track down a copy.

(As an aside, I have long tried to find out the lens fitted to the camera Clapton is wearing on the cover of 'Fresh Cream'. As a Leica enthusiast, it's been driving me crazy!)
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Us-&-Them View Post
    OK, thanks for that; I think it's a bit too cream crackered to be worth trying to sell. I get the feeling from Barry's comment that it probably wouldn't be worth the bother anyway but, I'll reserve judgement until I give it a listen for myself; after all, it's my opinion that matters when it comes to it.
    I might have been too harsh. They are not bad, but not especially good either. From the scores of US bands around at the time, there were many far better bands: Blood Sweat and Tears; Moby Grape; Nirvana; Peanut Butter Conspiracy; Jefferson Airplane, etc.

I hope you can clean up the record and play it. If I had seen a copy in a boot sale, I could well have bought it 'on spec' if it going cheap.
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Fragile State - The Facts And The Dreams (2002)

Lovely downtempo instrumental album, with Neil Cowley (one half of Zero 7)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread