+ Reply to Thread
Page 2972 of 2972 FirstFirst ... 19722472287229222962297029712972
Results 29,711 to 29,720 of 29720

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Santana – 'Borboletta'

Label: CBS – S 69084, CBS – 69084, CBS – PC 33135
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1974
    Genre: Jazz, Rock, Latin
    Style: Afro-Cuban Jazz, Fusion, Jazz-Funk, Jazz-Rock, Latin Jazz

Bought it as I liked the cover. It's good, but not as good as 'Abraxas'.
    Barry

Kevin Ayers, John Cale, Eno, and Nico – 'June 1, 1974'

Label: Island Records – ILPS 9291
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Experimental, Prog Rock, Avantgarde
    Barry

Joni Mitchell – 'Transmission Impossible (Legendary Broadcasts From 1960s - 1990s)'

Label: Eat To The Beat – ETTB068
    Format: 3 x CD, Compilation, Unofficial Release, Stereo
    Released: 2015
    Genre: Jazz, Rock, Pop, Folk, World, & Country
    Style: Folk, Folk Rock
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Santana – 'Borboletta'

Label: CBS – S 69084, CBS – 69084, CBS – PC 33135
    Genre: Jazz, Rock, Latin
    Style: Afro-Cuban Jazz, Fusion, Jazz-Funk, Jazz-Rock, Latin Jazz

Bought it as I liked the cover. It's good, but not as good as 'Abraxas'.
    Totally different in style to Abraxas.. "Promise Of A Fisherman" is sublime..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

After finding that a particular favourite song of mine, the theme song for "True Detective" season 1, was not done by T Bone Burnett, but rather a husband and wife outfit from New Mexico called The Handsome Family, I looked on Ebay for the CD. Price ranged from £21 for a used copy to £124 plus £21 postage for a new 'un from US. Definitely not happening.

Imagine my surprise when I found a copy at this morning's car boot for 40p Only downside is that it's Country music. But it's ok really, I've heard a lot worse. A bit like Nick Cave actually.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Another one from this morning's car boot.

Son of Jazz trumpet man Don Cherry and half-brother of Neneh, I knew nothing about him apart from track one ("Save Tonight") which made the charts years ago. So just took a punt really. And I'm glad I did, some good songs well produced

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

We went to a boot sale today, but couldn't be bothered to look at CDs. I did glance at some LPs, but at 25p each they wouldn't have been of much interest (anyway as I told the seller I have about 2,000 and my partner would kill me if I bought any more!).
    Barry

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

My wife did a boot sale today, after pitch deduction she made the princely sum of £49 which was hardly worth getting up at 6am for! I walked to see her with the dog who was far too interested in meeting people and other doggies to let me browse for anything!

I have that Eagle-Eyed Cherry CD, Steve, bought when it first came out in 1998 - might give it a spin now actually, as not played in years.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Yes it's my partner who does all they buying and selling. She did reasonably well today, making £72 profit.

I just take her there, and do the crossword, whilst she does all the haggling and sales spiel.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread