+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd hearing issue

I'm Mike.

I'd guess your ears are in very good shape! There's no good explanation for hearing issues appearing at 1900 hours each night on weekdays. I'm convinced the reasons are to be found in your habitat!
    Can it be that you have refined your hearing to the degree that these disturbances all pf a sudden have become audible? Music listening is a way of exercising your lugs, isnt it?

Regards Mike

I'm Nobody.

You hearing changes anyway imho.. 25+ years ago i could not listern to records, i favoured the new CD format, these days im the reverse, records sound good to my ears! it's not the equipment change as i use the same equipment i bought back then.

I'm Martin.

After a week or so with no issues I had the same problem again the other night. Listened to Santana Abraxas, bit ho-hum. Swapped to soem SRV - couldn't stand the weather, again my attention wandering. Then I became aware, about halfway through Tin Pan Alley, that it was soundign pretty damn good, pulling my attention back to the sound. Looked at my watch, 1855. There is no way this is concidental, however I think I have the solution - the car journey is along very busy dual carriagways and the hearing issue only manifests itself on warm days when the windows are rolled down.

So ther you go, worth bearing in mind if you travel by car to go and dem some equipment - if it is hot use the AC and keep those windows shut.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Stuart.

Martin

Yes interesting - I have the a similar issue the I drive the convet able with the top down too
    New System (so far): Meridian 506 CD/ALAC -> Unison Research Little Italy -> Spendor S5e
    Secondary system: Airport Express -> BeoLab 3 Speakers (still need replacing - too fatiguing)
    TV Room: Marantz NR 1504-> Usher S520/525 speakers
    Original System: NAD C541 CD Player -> NAD C340 Amp -> lamp cord -> B&W CM2 Speakers, Ipod/Itunes ALAC- secondary source

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubies View Post
    convegetable
    I'm sorry but i'm lost!
    Top down, you say, old chap?

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    I'm sorry but i'm lost!
    Top down, you say, old chap?
    :LOL:

Oh, well, I suppose i cant hear myself (typing) either! convegetable - did i really type that! :LOL:

I use these when i fly, it makes the noise much easier to bear. They are also comfortable enough to sleep with - im a light sleeper and sometimes the neighbors are noisy

If someone is looking for earplugs i can recommend these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hearos-Ultim...eros+ear+plugs
    New System (so far): Meridian 506 CD/ALAC -> Unison Research Little Italy -> Spendor S5e
    Secondary system: Airport Express -> BeoLab 3 Speakers (still need replacing - too fatiguing)
    TV Room: Marantz NR 1504-> Usher S520/525 speakers
    Original System: NAD C541 CD Player -> NAD C340 Amp -> lamp cord -> B&W CM2 Speakers, Ipod/Itunes ALAC- secondary source

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubies View Post
    :LOL:
    convegetable - did i really type that! :LOL:
    Nah, actually you didn't... I just read it like that
    And i had a laugh, so i just wanted to cement the word, so to speak!

No offence meant, just having a laugh!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    the hearing issue only manifests itself on warm days when the windows are rolled down.
    Sounds like the buffeting from the air is affecting you. You are being subjected to considerable and repeated, raising and lowering of air pressure. I guess your eardrums are rebelling!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Sounds like the buffeting from the air is affecting you. You are being subjected to considerable and repeated, raising and lowering of air pressure. I guess your eardrums are rebelling!
    Yes, there is little doubt now that this is the cause and that it seems to take my ears almost exactly the same amount of time to recover on each occasion. What's worse is that I have made decisions on equipment whilst under these detrimental effects. Most recently on my XTZ amp thread where I came to the conclusion that the XTZ pre amp was a little bit 'bland' in it's sound. It's not, it was just that my ears were less than golden that evening
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12