+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scheduled downtime on Monday 3rd June 2013

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Exclamation Scheduled downtime on Monday 3rd June 2013

From Nick's main notice:

The forum will be unavailable on Monday morning, 3rd June for scheduled maintenance, while we upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin 4.

The downtime should be in the morning (UK time) only and we expect to have the forum back by lunchtime. Any 'unexpected extensions' to this will be posted on our Twitter and Facebook pages, but we expect the work to be uneventful, and have the forum back in time for me to enjoy the rest of the day in the garden with a cold beer!

Many thanks, Nick // Beechwoods
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The downtime should be in the morning (UK time) only and we expect to have the forum back by lunchtime. Any 'unexpected extensions' to this will be posted on our Twitter and Facebook pages, but we expect the work to be uneventful, and have the forum back in time for me to enjoy the rest of the day in the garden with a cold beer!
    That was a long lunch that I had to take. I am going to have to do overtime on the bike to burn off those extra calories. But glad to see the fix worked.

MartinT Guest

We're all mighty glad, Stan!

I'm Neil.

Must say I really don't like the look of the forum or the change in function, no doubt I will get used to it but so far yuck - sorry.

However it is good that AOS is back and working once again.

Regards Neil

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Must say I really don't like the look of the forum or the change in function, no doubt I will get used to it but so far yuck - sorry.

However it is good that AOS is back and working once again.

Regards Neil
    +1

Preferred the old look AoS front end but also glad to see AoS up and running again.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Unfortunately "progress" will always polarise opinion - but hopefully you'll get used to it and the improved functionality and stability will outweigh the cosmetic differences in time! (Just noticed an "Auto Save" function kick in for instance... Hopefully that means the end of lost posts - how many times have you typed a long reply and lost it? If "never" then you've been much more fortunate than I have!)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

MartinT Guest

Yep, the auto-save is excellent. I like the new look. When we revisit the old look in, say, a year's time, it'll look very archaic.

I'm Neal.

Its not hugely different though, people will soon get used to it. To get to New Posts no requires an extra mouse click on 'Forum' and if you are not logged in the only option if you want to reply to a thread is 'Reply with Quote' Could we have 'New Posts' on the main Activity Stream page and a 'Quick Reply' option if not logged in?
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Nick.

I'll keep a note of comments and implement the best ideas. - if the new version supports them. It's worth though living with the changes for a few days and familiarising yourself with the way the new software works by default. Compared with the standard VB4 config though the way I've set the forum up does try to minimise the differences because we didn't want to throw the baby out with the bath water.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Clive.

The menu bar with new posts etc seems a little small, could be my imagination but a larger font might work well.
    Last edited by Clive; 04-06-2013 at 12:51.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast