• 8 out of 10

4 14.81%
  • 9 out of 10

6 22.22%
  • 10 out of 10

10 37.04%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Album Club Week 91: 30.04.2013: Genesis - 'Seconds Out' (1977)

I'm Curator.

Default Album Club Week 91: 30.04.2013: Genesis - 'Seconds Out' (1977)

This week, Album Club is hosted by Dan (the Man)

Album Club: 30.04.2013: Genesis - 'Seconds Out' (1977)

Genesis - 'Seconds Out' on Grooveshark

Wikipedia Entries:
    Album: Genesis -'Seconds Out'
    Band: Genesis

One of my all time favourite live albums. The recording is sublime and shows Genesis at the peak of their career. The fabulous drumming of Collins and Chester a combination that shows drumming skill and timing. The reason for me choosing this is it's a great hi-fi tester. I like most eras of Genesis but if you're a fan this is a must have album.

Thank you

I'm Nobody.

10/10 for me beacuse not only is it a good live recording but the tracks were performed just as good if not better than on the studio albums imho..

I'm Barry.

This was one of my most played albums years ago, its been a long time since it was last played although it has been recently cleaned

I'm john.

A cracker of an album..one of my all time faves..I have a couple of boots from the same period but the official release is still the best..I would've liked it if they could have expanded it a wee bit in the Live box set but the band wanted it left as it is. I bought this back in 1978 originally while on holiday in the Isle of Man..loved it then and still do. 10/10..
    John.

I'm Lawrence.

I'm really looking forward to this album so have just ordered a new 180g vinyl version - it's one of the few Genesis albums I haven't heard yet.

I was just listening to And Then There Were Three, which is one of my favourite Genesis studio albums. I also enjoy all of Phil Collins' earlier solo albums. I have seen 'Thru These Walls' on 'Hello I Must Be Going!' listed as a reference track. If your system can deliver the percussion well you know you have a great setup IMO.

It's going to be a few days of patient waiting before I can add my 2p.

Do you remember the appearance on TOTP with the pot of paint - following one of his many wives running off with the decorator? A classic I think.

Lawrence

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Oooo, nice pick there Dan
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Oooh, do I play it on vinyl, Japanese CD, or FLAC from same... I'm not a massive fan of early Genesis, but I do have everything they've done (I think) on vinyl when I bought a friend of a friend's collection a few years ago, and most on CD too - this is definitely one of their best. Well, apart from we Can't Dance of course, hey Andre?

I'll give it some fresh listens before scoring, but I'm getting a bit behind again so need to catch up on some of the earlier weeks...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

MartinT Guest

Well, Seconds Out for me is a true Genesis classic. Despite being post-Gabriel, the performance is nigh on perfect and the sound quality is one of the best live recordings I know. Some songs (particularly Cinema Show) are better versions here than on the studio album.

I rarely give an album 10/10 (because so few deserve to be called perfect) but this one gets it. Superb!

I'm Rich.

An easy 9 out 10 for me. As if I need an excuse to give the CD another spin. The only thing which prevents me from giving this a 10 is the weird bass sound. As a bassist myself I've never figured out how they got this sound. It seems anything but live to me and I wonder if some clever dick in the studio was trying to do something too impress his engineer buddies. Anyway, its a minor flaw in an otherwise perfect live album. My second fav live album is The Who's 'Live in Leeds', which is how I like to hear a live bass recorded.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

synsei Guest

I don't even have to spin this to give it a 10/10, a cracking album with really excellent dynamics. Excellent choice Dan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast