1 7.69%

0 0%

1 7.69%

1 7.69%

3 23.08%

5 38.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Album Club - Week 88: 09.04.13: The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld

synsei Guest

No worries John & Martin, if we all liked the same sort of music it would be a very boring world

This album defines a period in my life when I completely let my hair down and just went for it. I discovered Trance, nightclubs, ciggies and the odd spliff during this period and it all occurred between the ages of 36 and 42. Who said you have to be young to have fun?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Listened to it 3 times since Tuesday - on the dining room system, then headphones (brilliant on my new Sony 'phones) and the main system. "Little Fluffy Clouds" is on many of my Chillout compilations, and therefore gets played a lot and is a bit over exposed to me and now the RLJ sample gets on my nerves a bit, and "A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules from the Centre of the Ultraworld" starts to bore me about 15 minutes in, but otherwise it has stood the test of time pretty well, and gets a very high 9.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Keith.

7/10.

I've owned this for years, but rarely play it. Quite enjoyed lsitening to it again, but I still don't get on too well with most of this type of 'electronica' which isn't a patch on the 70's - 80's electronic stuff I grew up on.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Paul.

I've given this a 5 because whilst I like it, it's certainly not my favourite!
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12