+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help requested for SlimDevices Transporter Superclock 4 modification

I'm Jose.

Default Help requested for SlimDevices Transporter Superclock 4 modification

Hi
    I have been very involved with home audio for the last 10 years. System is all digital with Tact TCS3, Boz 216/2200 amps and home made open baffle line arrays. Front end is mainly Slimdevices Transporter and Oppo 95 modded by Audiocom.

I bought some mods from Audiocom over a year ago for my Transporter and am trying to have them installed:
    Superclock 4 /11.2896
    Bybee Music Rail 2A Positive
    Super-regulator 3.3V
    Super-regulator 5.0V

Hi

This is a repeat post from the Welcome forum where it may not have been seen by some of you - any help would be appreciated.

regards

Jose

I do not know what the voltage requirement for the Superclock4 is - there are two open label boxes on the back showing 3.3V and 5V but neither is marked.
    Can anyone advise me as to what voltage I should use in the Transporter for the SUperclock4.
    I have emailed Mark at Audiocom about this numerous times as well as asking for instructions for the regulator installation but unfortunately have had no reply.

Any advice would be appreciated

regards

Jose

I'm Neal.

Transporter like the SBII and Classic are 3.3v. You can use 5v as well but you have to shunt the clock output with a 100 Ohm resistor to lower the voltage.

The Bybee sounds like its for the main 5v input rail and the 5 and 3.3v regulators for the DAC and analogue output circuits.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Neal.

Should have added the shunt resistor goes from the clock-in pad on the motherboard to a convenient earth location for 5v clock use not across the crystal pads...

I'm Jose.

Dear Neal

Many thanks for the reply. I will pass this info on to the guy who is to fit them. Appreciate your help.

Regards

Jose

I'm Neal.

Here you go, should have posted this before!

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6499

I'm Jose.

I have now received a reply from Audiocom with instructions on the installation.
    this thread can now be closed

regards

Jose

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Jose - we don't close threads normally unless there's an exceptional reason - someone else may come along with a similar enquiry in the future, for instance. Glad you are sorted, though!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Jose.

Thanks Alex

What I should have said is that I had gotten the information I required rather than closing the thread

regards

Jose

I'm Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Here you go, should have posted this before!

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6499
    Thanks Neal

I had seen this but it was for the Duet which has a different board to the Transporter. The clock voltage was also not mentioned.
    regards

Jose

+ Reply to Thread