Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - Zilch, Nada- a complete virgin

0 0%
  • 1 - I'd rather not give it one!

1 12.50%
  • 2 - not even mildly arousing - pass me a blue pill

0 0%
  • 3 - Vagina you say? I think it came from the other hole...

1 12.50%
  • 4 - Any port in a storm I suppose...

0 0%
  • 5 - not a double paper bag job - in for a penny...

2 25.00%
  • 6 - with the beer goggles on this is a bit of a turn on!

0 0%
  • 7 - Yeah baby!

1 12.50%
  • 8 - ooohh, this is rather luuuurvly!

2 25.00%
  • 9 - Helllooo we could spend our lives together!

1 12.50%
  • 10 - Ten? 10!? More perfect than Bo Derek's camel toe!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Album Club - Week 54: 14.08.2012: Puscifer - V Is For Vagina (2007)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default Album Club - Week 54: 14.08.2012: Puscifer - V Is For Vagina (2007)

PLEASE NOTE: I'm posting this on behalf of Welder (John) - it is his choice not mine!

Puscifer - V Is For Vagina (CD and Vinyl) (2007)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/V-Vagina-Pus...0441383&sr=1-2

I must mention that listening on YouTube or Spotify will not do this album justice, nor will playing it softly while you do other things. Get the CD or download in file format from somewhere, turn your amp up to as loud as you can get away with and hold on to your prized porcelain.

I could write pages about why I think this is such an exceptional album. Part of its appeal for me is it takes me from some dusty spaghetti western to a religious congregation in the deep South of the USA and finally, a perfect sample of the band The The.

Maynard James Keenan has always interested me as a musician even if I haven’t always liked his work. Whatever one may think of the music produced in earlier collaborations (Tool and Perfect circle) for examples it would be hard to deny he has a distinctive and innovative approach to his art.

This album is imo his best work to date.

Given its M J Keenan one expects high profile percussion and thundering tribal beats. What Keenan develops further on this album is the use of layered vocals that don’t so much convey a message as add to the instruments although the lyrics have certainly brought a smile to my face at times.

Probably the best known track on this album is Momma Sed which did get airplay on Radio Paradise and is the track that made me aware of the album. It would be hard not to like this track no matter what musical genre you see yourself as preferring and if you feel prone to dismissing this album on what you know of Tool or Perfect Circle then I suggest you start here and ease yourself into what is a glorious sound assault on your ears.

Spotify link: http://open.spotify.com/album/5cgdcZetRMxdoadEXr7Rvz

Last edited by Alex_UK; 15-08-2012 at 21:24.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm John.

Thanks Alex. I have got the original post but it's packed away on another hard drive.
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Ain't nothing better than Bo Derek's camel toe John -but I'll still give it a listen
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

To be fair, the Poll was my own artistic interpretation!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nick.

You are awful, you lot!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Rich.

i'm getting a bit predictable on the old album scores, yet another 8 from me...

pusicfer is a band i only discovered this year, from hearing their 'conditions of my parole' on radio paradise.... needless to say i really like this and miss my main system but its really rocking on my phones all the same.

good choice
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm ILOB.

I only listened to the album on Spotify so will get this on CD to really hear it
    I enjoy Tool and A Perfect Circle so looking forward to hearing it at its best
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I'm actually enjoying this John, wonderful soundstage and very dramatic in parts - sounds great through headphones. I will listen to it again before voting, but not bad at all. Not sure it's better than BD's camel toe, but you never know

Oh, its new to me too, both the band and the album.

I'm ILOB.

John my voting will be late do not want to vote till I get the CD
    At present I perfer A Perfect Circle but thats me
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Yep, I rather like this John and intend on buying the album. It gets an 8/10 from me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast