+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Random bike shots from the north..

I'm Mika.

Don't worry they're used to it during the years and actually already normal again after hot shower and nice dinner..

Then some skiing pics as during the last two weeks I have been spending two days at one back country oriented resort near my hometown as the snowstorms have delivered nice amount of powder snow.

Also last weekend (or from Thursday to Sunday actually) visited Riksgränsen in Sweden for the season opening weekend. Beautiful mountains and some good skiing.

Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm andy.

Brilliant shots as always Mika, how times change from when i skied, those Fatboy Ski's weren't around then,
    they must a a godsend in the powder, is that you in the contemplative mood shot.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

Today after my day at the office felt that really needed some fresh air. As Mrs.Mrok had her practice late in the evening had few hours time after the dinner to perform a small bike ride before playing with the kids and their Legos.

The weather was beautiful after the sunny day, despite being bit cold at -16 degreed of C. I did hit the nearby bike lanes, singletrack paths and skidoo tracks with my Steamroller and ended up to the sea at the Patela bay. No others in sight, nice winter scenery and just in time for the sunset. Two different approaches here..

Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm andy.

Man......that looks epic, love the solitude and infinite beauty of your composition, makes me feel my destiny is North but i am too old to emigrate now.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

Have been riding a lot this winter but the March has been exceptionally cold which can be seen historically low temps e.g. last night at the town Taivalkoski they measured -38.3 degrees of Celcius despite the spring that should be starting already.

Today evening when left to bike ride with my friend Mr.V and our fixed gear bikes it was only -17 but when arrived back home after two an half hours it was already -21 degrees of Celcius. Brrrhhhhhmmmmpppphhhh...

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Not sure how "you are a nutter" translates into Finnish Mika - but you seem to enjoy yourself and great pictures!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mika.

We have approx. the same phrase in use here and not the first time I hear it, so..

I'm andy.

Default euphoric

Mika,

I'd like to piggyback on your thread with my new purchase from yesterday, it's a Surly Crosscheck in a thief preventing gravy brown colour,
    quite heavy classic steel tubing and tough powder coated, 50cm compact to fit my short arse 29'inch inside leg, i have been ogling it in my living room taking a cloth to it,
    can't wait to get the bits together and build it up, i am better at building/adjusting bikes than i am at setting up TT's.

Thought i'd share my joy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

That'a a nice frame for do-it-type of riding. I had the black one in size 60cm before bought my Steamroller as a replacement. Should have never sold that one, as some other bieks also..

I'm Mika.

No, these are not bike shots but continue still using this for my purposes..

Spent eight days at the northern Norway near Troms, Lyngen peninsula and Tamokdalen valley area, with friends and our purpose was naturally to climb and ski as many nice peaks as possible. Well, things don't always go as planned as the conditions were partially quite challenging, so far I've heard of five avalanche victims from the area during the last week, two skiing and three with skidoos.

We tried to be careful and turned back down from few places where analyzed the snow conditions to be too sketchy. Few pics..

Heading towards the Ellendaltinden

Scenery to Lakselvbukt village

Climbing to the Middagstinden peak

And skiing down

Saw some aurora borealis during few clear nights

Norwegian army blow on huge cornice at Tamokdalen

Got some good skiing at the trees also

Not bad trip at all despite of loong loong travelling..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast