+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPhone remote driving me scatty

I'm phil.

Default iPhone remote driving me scatty

the app that lets you control itunes has stopped working. i updated itunes recently to most up to date and its killed remote. itunes is running on a win7 pc an its 10.5.3.3 remote is 2.2
    i have home sharing on both the app and itunes on the pc
    i've tried the 4 digit code and it just sits there saying its trying to connect. i have removed and reinstalled the app on my iphone(4 with ios 5.0.1)
    so please help

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Phil, I'll try updating my itunes later and see if I have the same problem - but I'm on XP so may not be a scientific experiment...

I wonder if it is a port or firewall issue... I'll try and do some digging. (Is everything else working fine via wifi on your iPhone? Have you tried a router reboot in case?)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm phil.

tried all the stuff from apple. was on AVF today and think i may have a solution. if it works i'll post just in case anyone else has the same problem

I'm phil.

didn't work. i'll go back through the apple stuff again

I'm phil.

7.Select iTunes and click Open.
    Note: iTunes may also appear as "iTunes.exe."
    8.Click Add in the "Add a Program" window.
    9.Click OK in the Allowed Programs window.
    10.Close the Windows Firewall window.
    this is what fixed it. itunes was showing as allowed but you need to click on "allow another program" then find the new itunes.exe(it is still the only itunes)
    so either windows updates caused this or the new itunes update caused this(i know what my moneys on) but you must re add itunes, you will end up with 2 itunes in your firewall allowed list

hope this helps someone in the future

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

You beat me to it Phil - I did suspect it was the port/firewall - glad you're sorted, and thanks for posting for others if needed.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread