I was thinking upgrading my 401 bearing to Kokomo, but after reading that this upgrade can/will ground spindle to unusable condition, I have not had the courage. It could be that this is the reason why there is MkII Kokomo bearing kit on the market now . On the other hand there is so much wrong info circulating the web that you have to take most new info with pint of salt.

I am planning to send my 401 to Dom for a service, so I have decided not to bother with the Kokomo kit at the moment anyway. I am sure he will spot if there is any damage on the bearing what needs his attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
Have you dismantled the bearing assembly yet, Andrew? My 401 bearing was fine, but it rumbled like a basterd, it was actually the idler wheel and inside of the platter that once cleaned up cured it - I'm a bit suspicious of the aftermarket bearings, to be honest - lots of contradictory stories out there, and provided everything is sorted on the standard one I don't think it will the the source of any rumble. I'm no expert on these matters, though - just my personal opinion/experience.