+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M2Tech HiFace, what's going on?

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    No worries. I was just wondering.
    That's all I was doing m8 I'll give it some time tomorrow but I reckon there won't be a lot of difference if any, the source material simply isn't good enough

Another thing, I really wanted to try a V-Link... Reason being is because it has a Toslink output & I could then plug it into the Toslink on the DIP48/96 & get much more benefit. That little box makes such a big difference it's quite remarkable

But I still need to think about what I'm feeding it (once again) at the end of the day
    Last edited by Reid Malenfant; 07-12-2011 at 19:00. Reason: added thoughts
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm John.

I would have thought you had enough boxes by now

Completely the opposite approach to mine
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Brian.

Any joy with the Hiface Mark.

I'm Robert.

I've recently bought one of those Aqvox USB linear supplies. They cost nearly as much as the Hiface but I'm pretty chuffed with the improvement.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Any joy with the Hiface Mark.
    Haven't had a chance to sit down with the stereo on yet today Maybe tomorrow
    Bests, Mark

I'm Brian.

I know the feeling mate . It's blowing a gale up here and I'm the family taxi

when the weather isn't good . Been too busy for music and stuff.

Brian.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    There is no pretending that it's hi end or anything similar for one minute, however, if the HiFace does a better job then I'll keep it. If not it'll no doubt find it's way to someone else on here who may well make much better use of it
    Well, I spotted that Mark wasn't getting the best experience from the Hiface, and pounced. A deal agreed, and the Hiface is now connected and setup in my system. I'm using XP as Mark was, but I use Foobar as my main playback software so can take advantage of the Kernel Streaming component. So not only am I able to squirt the maximum 24/96 the Caiman can take via Coax SPDIF, use asynchronous data transfer and galvanic isolation, but also bypass the Windows mixer. (ASIO just won't play nicely with my laptop...) So I think that qualifies as "make much better use of it"

Unfortunately I have had little chance to do anything other than install and set it up, but on a few test tracks it sounds good - can't crank it up though, so too early to make any gushing hifi statements! One minor panic when I thought I had the same "fan on all the time" problem on the laptop until I realised it was my wife's Dell where she had left it on a pile of magazines blocking the ventilation holes...

Any how - thanks Mark for letting me take it off your hands, it should be a big improvement (I hope) over the USB input as I can now try some hi res files, and gives me more options if I change DAC next year to the Rega which I am hoping to do.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

You are most welcome Alex Enjoy
    Bests, Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123