+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello all...

I'm Guy.

Default Hello all...

What should I say about myself...well I am a computer programmer turned product director.

I am a BIG Blue Note and jazz fan to which I arrived to though listening to DIY punk and alternative via Post Rock and so on...

I love technology, home cinema and audio of which I seem to go through pretty quickly

My current setup is...
    Denon 4310 AV Receiver
    Monitor Audio Radius HD 7.1 Speaker setup using an Audyssey front wide setup
    Sony SCD-XA1200ES SACD Player
    Cambridge Audio Azur 650BD Blu-ray Universal Player
    Pro-Ject Debut III Phono Speedbox turntable with upgraded stylus and acrylic platter
    Samsung Freesat+ HD PVR (just got rid of Sky+HD!)
    Apple TV
    Mac Mini + 2TB Raid 1 for music, TV and movie storage + 2TB Time Capsule for backup
    Harmon Kardon Soundsticks III + AirPort Express for music in the bedroom
    plus loads of other bits here and there

I am looking to move house soon at which point I will have the room for some additional 'proper' stereo speakers for music listening...

I have been a long time frequenter of the AVForums but popped over here as I am looking to buy a Belkin PF40 or Belkin PF50 Power Console (or maybe PF30) and thought I would finally post as opposed to just browsing the forums (see here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14327)

Nice to 'meet' everyone

Guy

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Quote Originally Posted by guyb View Post

Nice to 'meet' everyone

Guy

Hi guy

Welcome the the forum and thanks for the intro post.
    ATB

David

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hi Guy, welcome to AoS Another AV entusiast I see, there appear to be more joining all the time

Good luck in the hunt for PF40s etc, I'm just glad I snaffled a load back when they were cheap

All the best to you & I hope you find your prize
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome from me too Guy - good luck with the house move, and more importantly, getting the speakers for music sorted!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Welcome from me too Guy - good luck with the house move, and more importantly, getting the speakers for music sorted!
    I used to have some really nice KEF floorstanders but babies, puppies and lack of room dictated that I needed something a little smaller and out of reach!

Once I move I will get some more though

+ Reply to Thread