+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foobar 2000 help

I'm Dave.

just played Floyd, Pearl Jam, Kravitz and Adele. All play perfectly. Who ever said 256k mp3 was good blah.I feel a little stupid now

I'm Dave.

Thanks for all the help Alex. we got there in the end.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

All's well that ends well, then! That said, I'm surprised the MP3 was THAT bad, you usually notice a general drop in quality, but not to the degree that you get distortion. Was it any MP3, or just a particular one or few, out of curiosity?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Dave.

it was Eva Cassidy- autumn leaves 256k mp3. sound great until about 2 min20 when the instrumental bit starts. big distort around 2min 40. its not a great recording. there is allot of hiss in the background.
    Edit. Yes it is live, its the some one on youtube. shame she did not get around to recording it in the studio before she died

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123