+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My system, more Trios in Worcester

I'm Wayne.

Smile My system, more Trios in Worcester

Hi everyone

Just joined the forum on the advice of an existing member.

My system is
    Avantgarde Trios
    Tron Amps, PX25 and Nucleus
    TT is a Verdier Platine and Graham Phantom Mk2 with Allaerts MCIB Mk2
    Leak Troughline stereo tuner
    Kondo, Cut loose and PHY cables. It will be all Kondo, one day

Room is purpose built, concrete floor, 29x x24 feet x 8 foot high.

Music is vinyl, absolutely everything bar folk.

The frog
    Last edited by Frog; 18-05-2011 at 17:02. Reason: adding images !

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hi Wayne, you have some seriously classy top end kit there chap! However i know you don't need me to tell you what you already know When i saw the first picture i was wondering if you'd set your hifi up in some kind of hotel room where seminars would be held

Then i read this:-

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Room is purpose built, concrete floor, 29x x24 feet x 8 foot high.
    You don't by chance take in lodgers do you?

Thought not

Enjoy fella & something tells me you do every time you go in there! Amazing
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Wayne.

Thanks for your comments Mark

I got kind of lucky with the house layout. Two pretty useless rooms went back to back, one being a garage that wouldn't fit a car in and a hobbies room. Knocked them together and only had to put an 10 foot extension down the length. Job done !

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Ah, that probably explains the off centre pillar, i was wondering about that

I guess the wall need some help with holding all that glorious sound in

Just noticed the pull down screen! Nice to see another fairly serious AV user on here to
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Marc.

cripes, what a system! Would love to hear a hi-end one like this one day - although probably just as well I haven't had the chance in a way.

I'm David.

Welcome from another Worcester person ... Can't believe there are 2 sets of these in Worcester ...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm ILOB.

I heard this set up once at Graham place , Tremendous scale. You have some very serious gear
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Welcome from another Worcester person ... Can't believe there are 2 sets of these in Worcester ...
    Hmmm indeed - what happened to the other chap with those? Always wonder why some people join, go ballistic for a few days, then disappear off the face of the forum? Exhibitionism, maybe?

Anyway, Wayne, very impressive, thanks for sharing.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Wayne.

To deal with a few questions:

The other chap with these is alive and well and a really good friend. He's probably busy earning the money to pay for the system rather than spending all his time on the forum ! Or perhaps it is exhibitionism. Perhaps exhibitionism is why everyone joins these things.

The sound Avantgarde's produce in a big enough room is way beyond "normal" hi fi. As a result, in some ways the sound is way better than what Graham can get in his smaller room. The imaging gains immesurably in a bigger room and loses the overblown quality.

Mark, the projector screen is motorised rather than pull down. I can't believe how cheap they are ! Its an omicrom projector wired over the ceiling with 30 metres Chord HDMI lead.

I'm ILOB.

Yes I found Graham room over blown when I heard it I could not be happy with his system not balanced enough for me
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast