+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Practicing a few technics

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Default Practicing a few technics

Almost the whole family. Not pictured is an SL-1500MK2 being replinthed.

Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Blimey! Good job US houses are big! Nice collection.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Blimey! Good job US houses are big! Nice collection.
    Thanks. I wish I had a big house! Most of these TT's reside under the bed, literally, especially since I lost the listening room to a new arrival! Wifey wants me to get rid of some of them, except her SL-J2. I gave the SL-QL1 to my son; just brought out for the pic. If I ever get around to converting the garage it would make more sense to keep 'em. However, as my main 1200 is progressing (with upgrades), I feel less and less the need to hang on to the others. The majority of the audiophile press made it very easy to obtain these on the cheap.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Nice collection Biff ' the little SL5 as well , i gave mine to Wifey's Dad , he loves it , or is it the 6 ?
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Andrew.

That is one series Technics collection, well done that man!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Dave.

I love the beautiful wooden floors in American houses.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Nice collection Biff ' the little SL5 as well , i gave mine to Wifey's Dad , he loves it , or is it the 6 ?
    The unrepentant side of me would also like an SL-7 and an SL-M2. (But, what for!?!?)

Atop the rack is the main 1200mk2.
    Back row: 1200mk2, M3, 150mk2, 1200m3d
    Middle row: J2, 1500mk2, 1200m3d, 1400mk2
    Front row: QL1 (...yours is a bit more kitted out, eh Chris... )

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    That is one series Technics collection, well done that man!
    Thanks. But, honestly, I didn't think I was collecting them until I pulled them all out. GAS gone awry! Thankfully they weren't expensive at the time of purchase. I'm not sure all of this makes sense. Initially, I just wanted the same 1400mk2 my dad has. I finally found a 1410mk2 (which went bad) and someone how ended up like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Thing Fish View Post
    I love the beautiful wooden floors in American houses.
    What's not beautiful is ripping up your worn out carpet and laying the floor yourself, thinking you'll save money that way. When in fact, it takes you nearly 5 years to complete (don't ask ) and costs you just as much. Those DIY home shows are a complete conspiracy.

+ Reply to Thread