+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Handy work

I'm Paul.

Default My Handy work

Hello again, as a new member I understand that it customary to post some piccies.So here goes

http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Arcamnut/

As you can see it is a very modest system but I am very satisfied with the fruits of my labour,for the moment

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Paul,

Welcome to AoS, btw!

Nice pics, but could you upload them here as images, so that they appear instantly, rather than through a link to your Photobucket account?

It looks much nicer that way, and saves clicking! Cheers

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Paul.

Thankyou Marco,a newbie mistake with photobucket.I will try to rectify

Thats better cheers for the tip

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one, Paul - much better!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hi Paul, that's a very nice clean looking setup you have there chap The turntable looks interesting & i don't recognise it (but i'm not a mainly vinyl based listener) & that is the first water cooled PC i have ever seen

New stuff to me, looks rather nice to
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Paul.

Thanks Mark.My PC is home built and the water cooling loop is a cheapish solution to silence verses cooling.I have been into computers now for about ten years after buying my first one and not being able to configure the dial up modem.That was the start of a time consuming hobby but very enjoyable.
    This latest incarnation cost me more than I can remember(that what I told SWMBO).
    Anyway my current music system is the result of better sounds for my digital collection,but it has exceeded my expectations to the point that my CD collection came out of storage after years.Same goes for my limited vinyl collection hence the very cheap and good enough for me Project Genie 3,tis a swine to keep clean though!.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

It just looks so right in certain respects, well the rack & equipment...

I know it's not the same but it kind of reminds me of the Cyrus & Chord racks that can be bought that totally complements the equipment It's probably because i have a shed load in a double width rack that is over 4.5ft tall

I guess that's something to do with the AV side of things though

It just looks neat to me, can't you get a nice acrylic cover for the TT?
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Paul.

Good idea on the cover but as I have OCD it is not too bad really,a few more photo's of the turntable.For a cheapie it is very good.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Paul - very slick looking system (Project Genie turntable, Mark.) No curtains, but a disappearing rug, a bit like the old table cloth trick?!

Thanks for posting, appreciate it, being a nosey parker!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Paul.

Well spotted on the rug it was a vain attempt to minimize damage to the floor.The rack is a Soundstyle 5 that I bought from a well known auction site for £79,It is in mint condition and was a bargain for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast