+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding pre-out to Teac A-H300 possible?

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Yes, it needs to be connected in between the connector on the amplifier PCB & the pre outs

Dual pot.jpg

The pic should help... The ground connections from the connector on the amp PCB need to connect to both RG & LG & then to the outer connectors on the pre outs. The centre conductors need to connect from the connector on the amp PCB marked L & R to RI & LI on the potentiometer. The connections marked RO & LO are the left & right outputs that need to connect to the centre pins of the pre outs...

Hope that explains things
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Yes, it needs to be connected in between the connector on the amplifier PCB & the pre outs

Dual pot.jpg

The pic should help... The ground connections from the connector on the amp PCB need to connect to both RG & LG & then to the outer connectors on the pre outs. The centre conductors need to connect from the connector on the amp PCB marked L & R to RI & LI on the potentiometer. The connections marked RO & LO are the left & right outputs that need to connect to the centre pins of the pre outs...

Yes iv got it now mate thanks very much, one last question, would this need to stick out the back of my amp to adjust the gain?

Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Adam - just wondering - why? Presume you've got plans to add a separate power amp(s)?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
    would this need to stick out the back of my amp to adjust the gain?

Adam.
    Only if you don't want to take the lid off to adjust it - yes

I'd suggest you either move the ground connector or place the potentiometer to the right of it
    Bests, Mark

I'm Adam.

Only if you don't want to take the lid off to adjust it - yes

I'd suggest you either move the ground connector or place the potentiometer to the right of it
    Great minds, i will move the ground and put the pot there next to the pre-outs

Thanks loads for all the help you have given me, now to source some bits for it, ebay has the answer.... i hope..

Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Hi Adam - just wondering - why? Presume you've got plans to add a separate power amp(s)?
    Hi Alex, yes i want to add a power amp, shame Teac didn't make one to match the Ref 300 series, i will get one and maybe make a new front panel so it matches the rest, the Teac power amp i mention on page one can be modded to sound quite good (so i have read), i think its a tripath amp, not sure how well it supposed to sound but im sure its worth a listen.

I am right into the hi-fi thing lol, i have even dressed the ends of my speaker cables etc with braiding and heat shrink + plugs, power lead is next to be changed i think to some Belden, and see what other mods i can do.

Adam.

I'm Adam.

Dual pot.jpg

I have found a potentiometer on ebay HERE it looks like the one you posted a pic of, will this do? says its a 47k.

Thanks,
    Adam.

Umm, funny that innit

Yes, that'll do nicely
    Bests, Mark

I'm Rob.

biggzy. Are you interested in a Teac AL700P Power amp. It has been modded to 2 channel. It looks like it would match with your kit. It is Tripath Based amp.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Teac-A-L700P.../dp/B00007MFQY
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Adam.

Umm, funny that innit

Yes, that'll do nicely
    lol i take it thats the one you got the image from?
    Just so i understand what does this potentiometer do, i know it adjusts the gain output but does it increase the ohms? also do they step in clicks or is it a smooth adjustment like a volume turn? if you get what i mean.

Thanks,
    Adam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast