+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Officially present and accounted for.

I'm Bruce.

Default Officially present and accounted for.

My name is Bruce and I'm an audioholic... ok, not quite perhaps, but....

I've had a presence on a number of audio forums for quite a few years now, always with the same moniker - some might recognize it from elsewhere. I've visited here often and figured I really should join.

I am a professional violinist, photographer and restorer of old things, most especially pianos. I run seven or eight systems in total ranging from all tube in the main set-up to vintage of various configurations elsewhere. Source material covers pretty much everything but 8-tracks.

Looking forward to my visits!

I'm Martin.

Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum.

8 systems! Big house? Or lots of houses?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Bruce.

Hmmm.... old house with four floors, a system in the garage, one in my wife's art studio and one more over at her art supply shop. It adds up after awhile! I've been into audio for a few decades by now and gear seems to have had a way of just coming to me.

In my early years I had a bit of obsession with integrated amps so I've a few of those in systems - two Yamahas (CA-1000 and CA-1010), an Accuphase E-202 and the sound for our video system is courtesy of a Teac AX-75 MkII (surprisingly nice).

A few receivers are hanging around (mostly yard sale finds) and get some play time - Marantz 4300, Onkyo TX-4500 MkII and Technics SA-800 plus a couple of little guys - Advent 300 and an Onkyo TX-810.

The main and and living room systems are both separates, main being tube and the living room vintage separates. More on those later perhaps!

I'm Jo.

Default >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlefye View Post
    Hmmm.... old house with four floors, a system in the garage, one in my wife's art studio and one more over at her art supply shop. It adds up after awhile! I've been into audio for a few decades by now and gear seems to have had a way of just coming to me.

In my early years I had a bit of obsession with integrated amps so I've a few of those in systems - two Yamahas (CA-1000 and CA-1010), an Accuphase E-202 and the sound for our video system is courtesy of a Teac AX-75 MkII (surprisingly nice).

A few receivers are hanging around (mostly yard sale finds) and get some play time - Marantz 4300, Onkyo TX-4500 MkII and Technics SA-800 plus a couple of little guys - Advent 300 and an Onkyo TX-810.

The main and and living room systems are both separates, main being tube and the living room vintage separates. More on those later perhaps!
    Welcome, Bruce. What kind[s] of music do you like?

I'm Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    Welcome, Bruce. What kind[s] of music do you like?
    As a classical musician I do listen a lot in that genre, but jazz, rock and folk are all well represented. I'll listen to pretty much anything as long as it is well done! I have a number of good tuners and there are some excellent FM stations in this area so that is a frequent source, especially the classical/jazz station WRCJ. I'd say my LP/CD/RTR collection runs about 60% classical, 20% rock and then jazz and folk making up the remainder.

I'm Bruce.

Default How to post avatar?

I'd love to post an avatar to go with my name, but haven't managed to do so as yet. Anything I've missed?

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Dave.

Hi Bruce ,welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm M.

Hi Bruce Welcome to AOS

+ Reply to Thread