+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mission 752 Freedom problems

I'm Roger.

Now got a budget of about £500 for an amp, any suggestion new or pre-loved?

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If you don't want to spend big I'd suggest getting one of these second hand http://www.hifi-review.com/150474-nad-c320bee.html - I'm using one at the moment. Gives almost nothing away to much more expensive amps (I've got lots!) and was only £110 delivered off eBay.
    I have been running a C320BEE since 2003 (bought it new from Richer Sounds, and then it was £220.00 IIRC), and it's a great amp.
    And as you've already said, it gives very little away to much more expensive amps.

My son has an Arcam Alpha 7R, and it is another great sounding, built like a tank amplifier.
    They can be had for sensible money on Ebay.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Lawrence.

Stick the old speakers back in just to check. You never know something could have happened at the same time you changed over.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm BigBobJoylove.

See if you can find a minty Arcam Diva A85 - you should get one for £350-ish. Blummin' wonderful amps for the cash. I have one in my second system (but it's staying there).

I'm Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Stick the old speakers back in just to check. You never know something could have happened at the same time you changed over.

I have just done that and the sound was still there but not as pronounced, it turns out the vocal on the track I was listening too had a strange effect on it. They sound great with everything else, just a bit of bass missing form from what I like.

I'm Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    See if you can find a minty Arcam Diva A85 - you should get one for £350-ish. Blummin' wonderful amps for the cash. I have one in my second system (but it's staying there).
    I'll have a look, thanks

I'm Roger.

An update on what I've done.

I've managed to get an Arcam SA20 at a great price pre-loved. Although better I was still not entirely happy. Today I thought I'd download the manual for the speakers and it mentioned that before you use them that you check that the drive unit screws are all tight, not heard of this before? Anyway I've checked them and I couldn't believe that the were all loose! So the noise I've been hearing is vibration, they are now sounding sweet and I'm really happy

ps thanks for everybodys input

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Nice. Very often the answer is so simple it evades many.

I'm Lawrence.

Good call I always check this when I buy a pair of speakers I should have thought of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123