+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell

I'm Alan.

Default Farewell

As I am shortly to be banned by Marco I thought I should wish you all well with your AoS life.

I have met and dealt with some good people. Not lifelong friends but just decent folks. To those especially good luck.

I hope this doesn't get deleted but I suspect that is asking too much.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    As I am shortly to be banned by Marco I thought I should wish you all well with your AoS life.

I have met and dealt with some good people. Not lifelong friends but just decent folks. To those especially good luck.

I hope this doesn't get deleted but I suspect that is asking too much.
    Moved yes for now to Abstract Chat as the Welcome section probably isn't the right place, here is probably best for now.

I'm Nodrog.

Good luck to you as well. Always sad to see someone banned (unless they annoy the hell out of me of course), I was unaware of any comital of sins but then I don't get around the various areas that much.

I'm Nodrog.

Ah, I've just read the thread at TAS. Still seems a shame but whoever pays the piper etc.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I sent Alan a PM earlier, asking him for clarification for his comments on TAS (shown below), and whether or not they were designed to be derogatory:

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS
    There must be equally if not greater value from someone on AoS who is worshiped for their kindness to the HiFi race without having to even think about,mentioning or considering publically products from a banned/loathed person. Just become positive and post endlessly about an AoS saint who can meet you needs.

Unless you are getting something out of mentioning a banned member at such a length?

How about Brian of AoS for a starter. Reads like he is your man and Marco will be back to do what Marco does.
    It seems that instead of having the grace to respond to my PM, Alan has now decided to ‘play the victim’ and seek the sympathy vote, by starting this thread, instead of simply explaining himself. Well, that’s his decision. However, I will not ban him until I know exactly what he meant by those remarks.

The bottom line is that people need to understand that if you’re a member of AoS, you simply won’t be allowed to ‘bitch’ about AoS or me elsewhere, and then be welcomed back here afterwards with open arms, as if nothing has happened. It’s as simple as that.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I sent Alan a PM earlier, asking him for clarification for his comments on TAS (shown below), and whether or not they were designed to be derogatory:

It seems that instead of having the grace to respond to my PM, Alan has now decided to ‘play the victim’ and seek the sympathy vote, by starting this thread, instead of simply explaining himself. Well, that’s his decision. However, I will not ban him until I know exactly what he meant by those remarks.

The bottom line is that people need to understand that if you’re a member of AoS, you simply won’t be allowed to ‘bitch’ about AoS or me elsewhere, and then be welcomed back here afterwards with open arms, as if nothing has happened. It’s as simple as that.

Marco.
    It is a pity Alan could not come out with things in a straight manner, rather than that conundrum wrapped up in a riddle
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - do you have ESP? That’s almost word for word what I told him in my PM!

The question is, why won’t he explain his remarks? If they were innocent, then there would be no problem. The only conclusion I can draw, therefore, is that they were designed to be derogatory. If that’s the case, then he will be banned.

However, I’ll give Alan until midnight tonight to explain himself, before the ban kicks in. I can’t say any fairer than that.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - do you have ESP? That’s almost word for word what I told him in my PM!

The question is, why won’t he explain his remarks? If they were innocent, then there would be no problem. The only conclusion I can draw, therefore, is that they were designed to be derogatory. If that’s the case, then he will be banned.

However, I’ll give Alan until midnight tonight to explain himself, before the ban kicks in. I can’t say any fairer than that.

Marco.
    I am apparently psychic.....or so I'm told ..or was it psychotic ? .....summat like that anyways
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Deleted.

Telepathetic Grant .
    Account Deleted

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Psychedelic?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast