+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

I wonder if the fuel situation will get interesting?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

The water will probably be cut off too. And then flaming meteorites will start coming down out of the skies. Mixed with hot hail.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

And the Yellowstone Park super-volcano will erupt, causing endless night and winter..............well for a while anyway.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

It will coincide with actual winter though so we probably won't notice much difference.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well I've started putting aside some basic essentials ahead of the likely chaos after the 31 October Brexit deadline and the inevitable panic buying on the run up to that date.

Panic buying may well cause shortages of stuff other than what comes from the EU, as many folk won't know what's what and just grab anything.

My stockpile won't go to waste. It'll just take a while to use up.

Just imagine running out of bog paper.....What fun!
    I'm sure we'll be fine for bog roll, unless you normally use Cushelle, that sounds foreign.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

I wonder if the fuel situation will get interesting?
    It occurred to me that if fuel is likely to be short, I can fill the car and my three fuel cans and remain mobile for over seven months. I'll use my scooter, which can do 150mpg, I can just pinch some from the car if need be. The tank on the scooter holds a gallon and that alone will last a month to start with if I take it easy.

I'm Steve.

It occurred to me that if fuel is likely to be short, I can fill the car and my three fuel cans and remain mobile for over seven months. I'll use my scooter, which can do 150mpg, I can just pinch some from the car if need be. The tank on the scooter holds a gallon and that alone will last a month to start with if I take it easy.
    Be sure to keep your scooter somewhere secure, or it's likely to disappear in the night, only to be found later with your one gallon siphoned off.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Caved in last weekend and bought another Amp. MF A1.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    Caved in last weekend and bought another Amp. MF A1.
    The old one or the new one?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Anto.

Alexa .

I have fallen into the trap of buying the other half such a thing !!

Now if you had asked me a while back if I would have one in the house ,then a big NO would be the answer .
    After hearing mother in law going on about them recording your conversation s etc big brother style , I hadnt ever envisaged one resting on my sideboard !
    So up to my Mums one day and a neighbour friend of hers had let her have one ,that her daughter never used !
    Fup me if she didnt demonstate it right in front of us ,and I thought ,for an 80 yr old ,like the ad on tv , where the son gets it to play his grandads reminder when hes out at work - its actually very amusing and handy (it pains me to admit it !! )
    And while shes telling us who gave it her - Alexa chips in too , funny as fup !!

So , I bought one for the Mrs ,and now its thumping out Genesis and Tom Petty ,Test Match Special ,(till the Mrs comes in and puts Abba on )and I can confuse the feck out of Alexa at the same time (Not difficult in my case )
    I have a bad hip at the mo ,so jumping up and about is a bit difficult , so to just bite the embarrasing bullet by asking a bloody machine to play this and that ,is quite a novelty !
    So , I am now putting another smaller Dot in the dairy next to the milking parlour , (I tried my wifes in there first to check it had ample Wi Fi ,it did )and hooking it up via a 3.5 ml plug to plug to a mainly redundant stereo player thing , so we can listen to news ,views , or any music the milker wants !!

Cushty
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

+ Reply to Thread