+ Reply to Thread
Page 562 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 624625125525605615625635645726126621062 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Alan, you can order very high-quality, authentic, Scottish produce online from Donald Russell, and have it delivered to your door: https://www.donaldrussell.com/

Just key haggis into the search box, or anything else you're looking for. We use them occasionally, and both the quality of the food and service is top notch

Marco.

I'm Alan.

AAARRGGGGHHHH gourmet food..fro Scortland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vZg1UZaVto
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Alan, you can order very high-quality, authentic, Scottish food online from Donald Russell, and have it delivered to your door: https://www.donaldrussell.com/

Just key haggis into the search box, or anything else you're looking for. We use them occasionally, and the both the quality of the food and service is top notch

Marco.
    Muchas grassyarse Marco...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm sorted.

Been a while since I've been up to Scotland to visit & sample Sue's great cooking, cousin's laid up at the moment, fell on his knee getting out of his car. They had to drill holes in his kneecap to reattach ligaments etc.

I'll probably arrange a trip up after I'm back from Barbados in October.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Muchas grassyarse Marco...
    No worries, mate. They're good, and it's an opinion, but Grant may know of an even better, in terms of somewhere he knows of, (and also cheaper) source

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Proper Scottish potted hough is a dying breed now.. I may be last person alive who can still make it right. The crap the butchers sell is just that...crap.. Mine is the real mcoy.... trouble is it takes an age to make and is labour intensive. I must go and make some soon. I gave my fancy butcher some once and he raved about it... it kinda died out completely when the beef bone ban was in place. My great gran made it and was passed down... now im the last who can make it right.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Proper Scottish potted hough is a dying breed now.. I may be last person alive who can still make it right. The crap the butchers sell is just that...crap.. Mine is the real mcoy.... trouble is it takes an age to make and is labour intensive. I must go and make some soon. I gave my fancy butcher some once and he raved about it... it kinda died out completely when the beef bone ban was in place. My great gran made it and was passed down... now im the last who can make it right.
    Although I've heard of it, I've never had potted hough, but it sounds good! In terms of the bit in bold, I'm intrigued as to how they managed to enforce said ban... Watch out for the "Beef Bone Police"!!

Marco.

I'm Justin.

Justin, If you want us to fall out, you're going about it the right way, because you've just made it personal. Disagree with me by all means, but don't tell me I'm talking bollocks about a subject that, as an Italian, I know far more about than you. Cagey suffered the same fate when he tried to TELL me what a cappuccino was!

I'm not disagreeing that pizza will vary a little, from place to place. Of course it will, as that's only natural, but there are defined regional variations of pizza in Italy, which I've highlighted, both of which are authentic, and neither of which resemble what you've eaten in Rio.

Now I suggest you leave it there.

Marco.
    FFS Marco.

It was just a tongue in cheek bollocks. And if you can't read that from me by now perhaps I suggest you think a little more.

You ARE being overly sensitive.

Not at all. I'm not the sensitive type; I simply react to what I see in front of me.

Scroll back, there was no smiley next to what you wrote, and the tone of your post came across as confrontational. If you don't mean something, then don't say it. I've debated robustly with you on this subject, but haven't rudely dismissed your opinion as "bollox".

In future, please bear that in mind.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Although I've heard of it, I've never had potted hough, but it sounds good! In terms of the bit in bold, I'm intrigued as to how they managed to enforce said ban... Watch out for the "Beef Bone Police"!!

Marco.
    was around foot n mouth time... selling beef on the bone was illegal as was selling bones...went on for a good few years as well. Surprised you dont remember it.
    You need a big nap bone to make potted hough. folk switched to using gelatine as they couldnt get bones etc. Also buthers dont separate the meat by hand which is important to get out all the crap. They just basically mince/chop it and that is so wrong. takes hrs to do it by hand but worth the effort. Still got my hough plates and pan
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread