+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: If you had 50 grand

I'm Tim.

It was him, and Michaela Strachan iirc??

Btw Marco....I’d like to suggest a life time ban for Pigmy Pony for dancing on tv

I'm Adam.

£50k you say?

Easy - B&O Beolab 90s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetiminator View Post
    I’d like to suggest a life time ban for Pigmy Pony for dancing on tv
    That's a bit extreme. However, I guess we could bung him in the AOS 'Hall of Shame' for a week though. Oh, hang on, we haven't got one!

I'm Timothy.

"If you had 50 grand" I am just getting ready to do this very thing for real and...uh...oh, wait, 50K...Hmmm, guess I actually need to drop a couple of 0's off the end there. Oops, never mind. Seriously, it is probably easy to say that one would be happy with their system and bank the cash. But, I think when in hand, most of us would probably change/buy something for our setup, regardless of how much we lie to ourselves and say how much we like our setup currently...Real money in hand does things to a person's thinking. We are already irrational hifi loonies-all said in somewhat of jest of course, and we all have our own financial compass, mine just happens to be broken at the moment. I would probably blow half of it on hifi goodies and music, and a fair amount to the local homeless shelter. But I would damn well take my time and have numerous in-home auditions of systems that have been put together, and not just one off things more than likely.

Really though, it would be a considerable amount of pressure to put on oneself, but it would be fun. My company recently gave out a bonus, something I haven't had for the last 12 years, and it amounts to 5K. I have already spent a number of nights-sleepless I must say, just thinking about how best to spend it-and if I even should, especially on my hifi. So I can only imagine what 50K would be like trying to figure out what to do with that! Threads like this are fun, much food for thought!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's a bit extreme. However, I guess we could bung him in the AOS 'Hall of Shame' for a week though. Oh, hang on, we haven't got one!
    yes we have
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Keep everything I have.... money don’t make a sound system better. Room acoustics, maybe another mater but only for a few k. (Or a new house with a bigger room) My system new, is over the said budget. Money don’t make music..... I believe it’s what we like worked in Island Records Studio for many years..... many millions..... great sound.... but who wants to live in a studio!

Be happy with what you have.!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hey Pete, I worked down at Island Records Hammersmith for a number of years as a contractor - back in 1982

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetiminator View Post
    It was him, and Michaela Strachan iirc??

Btw Marco....I’d like to suggest a life time ban for Pigmy Pony for dancing on tv
    I really wouldn't call it dancing.

Yes, Michaela Strachan and Pete Waterman. He was the Hitman. I suppose that's where they got the name "The Hit Factory" when he teamed up with Stock and Aitken. I can't believe I'm owning up to this knowledge, what with a ban looming....

Always amazes the Missus that I can remember shit like that, and not remember what I did this morning.

I'm Martin.

I remember when that came on it meant it was time for bed. It was possibly the first ever example of a TV show that was completely devoid of content.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Always amazes the Missus that I can remember shit like that, and not remember what I did this morning.
    Old age mate . You know you're in trouble when you can't remember what you had for lunch.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I remember when that came on it meant it was time for bed. It was possibly the first ever example of a TV show that was completely devoid of content.
    You're right, the programme had "time for bed" written all it.

Before that, iirc, it was "diddy" David Hamilton telling us to turn off our sets, and before that, a shrinking white dot with accompanying tone. These days, you know it's past your bedtime when you see the little man in the corner doing sign language. Seems a bit unfair to deaf people, maybe they'd like an early night once in a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast