+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

I'm jamie.

thanks for doing that,well im stumped as to why are arms differ in that case,does your kb use the mounting holes 2nd row in from the front of headshell?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    thanks for doing that,well im stumped as to why are arms differ in that case,does your kb use the mounting holes 2nd row in from the front of headshell?
    Yes, I believe so. I have no idea mate unless as Angus said, the cantilever is different. Other than that, I have no idea. I'm going to have a good look for my protractor later and just check everything out

I'm Patrick.

This one is mine: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303142431249

Collected it today.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    This one is mine: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303142431249

Collected it today.
    i hope you didn't pay £2500 for it
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    i hope you didn't pay £2500 for it
    Is it not worth that?

Surely as an owner of one, you should be talking the price up? ;-)

I'm Grant.

It's worth what someone pays for it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

A top-flight motor unit in a substantially built plinth with an SME arm and cartridge. The TTS8000 is rightfully growing in reputation and value, IMO.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm John.

It is a very good TT, if the arm is not required and put up for resale there is potentially another £300+ recovered from the sale price.
    As for value, they don't make them any more, so the £K+ appears to be the base asking price in many Ad's over the past months.
    When it is up and running, comparing it to a Multiple £K TT set up, will let the purchaser know what a bargain they have in their possession.
    If the SP10 and TTS 8000 are close competitors, then the expressed positive appraisals offered by a variety of TT enthusiasts, Die Hard Vinylists to Bespoke TT Builders, about my SP10 front end at Kegworth, should assure the new owner of the TTS 8000, they have a very good corner stone to build a Vinyl System from.
    I have the opportunity to trial the SP10/TTS 8000, but the SP10 is such a good experience, I am in no rush to
    go down that road.

I'm jamie.

yep im very happy to be wrong in this instance,i hadn't realised they'd shot up so much in value. happy days!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Patrick.

I felt it was worth £1500 based on it looking like units without arm/cartridge were going for around £1100 and this also having an SME 2 Imp and Ortofon SL-15E.

It's a UK model too, which adds to the value in my eyes.

So that's what I offered and what was accepted.

The SME also has the rare-ish damping trough, but since I already have a surplus identical detachable headshell version I'll probably sell that on. I'll try the Ortofon before deciding what to do, but it's not a Decca so slim chance of keeping it ;-)

I spent a couple of hours setting it up yesterday with another Mission 774/Decca. It's a bit of a lash-up but it's sounding OK. I suppose I should clean it!

One tip I'll pass on is to turn the lock off and adjust the speeds until they are as close as possible; then turn the lock back on. The PLL has less work to do if the frequencies are already close and I think it sounds better for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast